Lucas was upset about something, and when I asked him what was wrong he replied, "Mom, I'm throwing a fit." Later he was upset again and so this time I asked him if he was throwing a fit and he said, "No mom, I'm crying."
Lucas loves to sing. He can sing the ABC song, I am a Child of God, I had a tiny turtle, the super why song (he says, "we solved the ploblem" instead of problem- so cute), a song that the boys taught him that goes, "put your hands up in the air sometime singing aaa ohh, baby lets go" and of course, the Night at the Roxbury song, "what is love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more" over and over. Basically, he sings whatever he hears the boys singing.
Lucas loves to come up to me and say, knock knock. I have to say who's there, but then he never has anything else to say. He just laughs and waits for me to laugh and then does it again.
Loves kitty. Calls it the kitten. So very formal.
Jason- I'm never going to wear my birthday suit when it's my birthday, cause I don't want everyone to see me naked on my birthday.
I was swatting a fly and missed it. Lucas looked up at me and said, "Oh snap mom".
Jason was saying his prayers and he said, "bless daddy that he can do a good job at school and listen to his tea.. I mean, master." Apparently, we haven't explained to him what a Masters program is!
Lucas LOVES the movie Despicable Me. He has never sat through more than 5 minutes of a movie before he was introduced to this one (which is OK with me, honestly). For some reason, it just fascinated him, and after watching it a few times, he had all sorts of parts memorized. There is a long part that he says word for word, it goes, "Hey Dave, listen up please. First we are going to steal... pause for effect.... the mooooon. And once the moon is mine, the world will give me whatever I want to get it back, and I will be the greatest villian of all time. That's what I'm talking bout."
One day I was putting him in bed at nap time and he told me, "After my nap, I'm going to steal the mooooon."
Lucas was holding the kitty and Chris picked it up. The kitty licked Chris's face and Chris asked Lucas if he wanted to give the kitty a kiss. He leaned over and licked it!
We were driving in the car and the boys were talking about a game where there was a master of some sort, and Jason piped up, "Dad is the leader in our house, but, Mom is the master!"
Chris walked in the room and Lucas looked up and said, "Hi stink". (Chris calls him stink all of the time) Every once in a while he will call me honey or sweetie too.
We took the kids to the fun park. On our way, we stopped and got Lucas a cheese roll up because he was still sleeping when we ate dinner. He only ate half of it and left it on a table so we threw it away. The next morning when he woke up, he came into my room crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said, with the saddest look on his face, "I left my burrito at the fun park." I tried to console him, but, a few minutes later he grabbed my hand and said, "let's go get it mom". We did not.
Back in February, we were reading scriptures and Adam said, "Mom, they spell a lot of things wrong in here." I started explaining how spelling and grammar were a little bit different back then when he interrupted and said "yeah, back then they didn't have spalding notebooks or they would have spelled things right."
Also in Feb, we were watching a PBS show about sharks. Isaac saw one and said "Do you know what kind of shark that is? It's a whale shark. Even though it's the largest species of shark, it eats the smallest things like plankton." When the narrator of the show when on to say exactly that, I looked at him in surprise and he said, "well, I know that because when I was younger I used to be very interested in sharks."
8 years ago
1 comment:
Such cute stories.... I love how Lucas licked the cat!
Post a Comment