Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Family Outing

We found a great deal on City Deals in the spring for all day passes at a place that I remember going to all the time as a little girl.  I couldn't wait to take the kids, and, I think that we went on the perfect day.  It wasn't too hot, wasn't too cold, wasn't too crowded, and the kids had so much fun.  They are already talking about going back next year.
We started out the day with some miniature golfing.

Then we hit the water slides and the pool.
This little guy loved the lazy river.  And what did he love the most about it, you ask?  The lifeguards, of course.  There was one in particular that he saw the second or third time around.  She made eye contact with him and he smiled at her and stared until we went around the corner and couldn't see her anymore.  When she was out of sight, he started asking me, "Where'd the pretty girl go, Mom"?  He asked about her until we rounded another corner and he saw her again.  As soon as he saw her, he yelled, "There she is!  There's the pretty girl".  He would then proceed to make a fool out of himself until he couldn't see her again.  He would wave, smile, hide his face, flirt, do this really weird laugh, and stare.  As soon as she was out of sight, he'd start asking about her again.  This went on and on until I finally felt like we needed to give the poor girl a break and get out.  He was pretty sad, and talked about her off and on for the rest of the day.
This day was exactly what we needed.  It was fun, relaxing, stress free, and did I mention fun?!  I don't think any of us wanted it to end!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: