Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's time to put away the crib- he doesn't need it anymore!

We have had a busy past two weeks with family and friends here visiting. It has been wonderful to see everyone, but, in an effort to maximize our time together, we let the kids skip their naps a few times, or just planned it so they could take short naps in the car while traveling from one house to another. The older boys thought it was great, they love skipping their naps. Poor little Jason managed to fit them in wherever he could though. Here are some samples for you of the random places that he fell asleep:
The highchair isn't that unusual, I know, but it's still pretty cute.

Does this look comfortable to anyone?

Here he is on my mom's couch.

Here he is on my bathroom counter!!!???

Seriously, have you ever seen anything like this?!

As you already saw from my lotion post, Jason loves to play in the bathroom. He gets up on the counter and brushes his teeth with every one's toothbrushes (lucky us), fixes his hair, gets drinks from the sink, fills up cups and then dumps water onto the floor, etc. I started locking the bathroom and my bedroom doors when the kids are upstairs playing; in an effort to minimize the amount of time that I have to spend cleaning up messes! But, a couple of weeks ago while the kids were upstairs playing with all of their cousins, I unlocked the door for them so they wouldn't have to come downstairs to use the "facilities". Well, I was making dinner and the kids were all playing and having a great time. The adults were just enjoying the fact that the kids were entertaining themselves!! Jeni went upstairs to use the bathroom, came right back down to get us, and this is what we found! I'll be honest, I felt pretty guilty and neglectful! Just a few minutes before I thought to myself, "Jason must be getting pretty tired, it's way past his nap time. Maybe I should go lay him down on my bed and see if he'll go to sleep. I'll just finish cooking this meat first. He'll be fine". Well, apparently he took matters into his own hands, found the most comfortable spot in the house, and went to sleep by himself! How did he not fall off? How did he not fall into the sink? As you can see from the picture, we don't have a lot of counter space! At least now we know- if we ever have another baby we won't have to move into a 3 bedroom house, Jason can just sleep in the bathroom. It's all about maximizing your space. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that he will fall asleep anywhere. I wish that Benjamin was more like that. I still laugh so hard when I think of him sleeping on the sink!!

Sarah said...

How cute!! I can't belive he slept on the sink. Claire will only sleep in her bed and her carseat. By the way my blog address is bear-clan.blogspot.com
Hope you get a chance to see it!!

Laura said...

Oh My Goodness! I can't believe him! On the bathroom counter... so cute! Poor kid is so tired. I wish my kids would sleep anywhere, but there is no way.

Arnell Family said...

That has got to be the cutiest thing I have ever seen! That kid is just so adorable!

Belnap Family said...

I am still waiting see this picture on Ellen one day. Are you going to send it in?

kris streeter said...

I think that those are the funniest pictures. I'm with Stephanie, send them to Ellen, mostly the sink one but the whole series is so cute. LOL