Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April Fools!

Once again, I know that I am totally behind on all of this, but, better late than never, right? April Fool's day was so much fun this year! I don't think that we have done ANYTHING fun for April Fool's day since we have been married, but now that our kids are a little older, I figured that it was as good a time as any to get started. We are definatly novices around here, maybe I'll get a little more creative as the years go by. I have friends that manage to pull off some pretty elaborate pranks (Yes, I'm talking about you, Alisha!).
For lunch, I hollowed out an apple and gave it to Adam. He was so confused. Earlier, I filled up a cup with marbles. When he asked for milk with his lunch I pretended to fill his cup up and handed it to him. He took a drink without even looking at it, so maybe the marbles weren't the best idea. Don't worry, I am CPR certified! Actually, there was no choking, just giggling. When Isaac got home from school, I gave him a nutrigrain bar for a snack. Earlier, I had taken the bar out of the wrapper and put a string cheese inside instead, then glued it back up. He was a little confused until we explained to him what April Fool's day was all about. Adam and Isaac then preceded to play tricks on me for the rest of the day. There we rocks in shoes, clothes on backwards, kids hiding all over the house, and various broken bone scares. We almost had to rush to the hospital 4 different times because Adam and Isaac kept breaking their legs. Luckily, they were able to get up and walk just in the nick of time every time! For dinner we got the kids' plates all ready over by the stove and brought them to the table filled with toys instead of food. FYI, yellow food coloring in water looks just like apple juice!
Posted by PicasaI need some good ideas for next year that are a little less cheesy than what we did! Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Belnap Family said...

The expressions on their faces just say it all! Good job Mom!

Stephanie said...

Those faces are priceless! I love it. I am glad that you played fun jokes on the kids. i have fun memories of playing April fools jokes.

Laura said...

How funny! I will totally try that next year. Leah, kept trying to get me this year with funny little things, like your shoe is untied... and I wasn't wearing any... It was fun... However, I hope I can remember this one for next year.