Saturday, April 5, 2008

This was on my sister's page, so I thought that it would be fun to do!
How did you meet your Love? Answer all the questions HONESTLY . . . .

1. Where did you meet? In Spain!

2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? "I'm not going to like this guy."

3. Do you remember what she/he was wearing? A white shirt and tie, I'm sure.

4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? At my parents house, in the basement. We were watching cartoons- so romantic! It took him forever to work up the nerve, but when he finally did, it was great! The next morning (he slept at my parents house) I went and woke him up and we kissed again, and I knew that we were going to get married.

5. How did he/she ask you out? He never really asked me out. We had known each other for a long time and were just friends. We hung out all of the time, but I was dating someone else.

6. Where did you go for your first date? I guess our first "official" date wasn't really a date. Chris drove me down to my parent's house on a friday night (our family was going up to Idaho to my cousin's wedding the next day). We held hands for the first time in the car, and then walking around the mall before we met up with my mom. A little later that night we went to a comedy club in Ogden with my brother Spencer. We held hands the whole time there also. I suppose that was our first date, and my little brother Spencer was lucky enough to share it with us! That was the night that we kissed for the first time as well.

7. How long did you know this person before you became a couple? We knew each other for almost 3 years before we started dating.

8. Has this person ever proposed to you? Yes, he officially proposed in January of 2001 and we were married in March of 2001.

9. Do you and this person have kids together? Yes, 3 little boys that look just like their Daddy!

10. Have you ever broken the law with this person? I am pretty sure that we have trespassed a few times. We are such rebels! (Is skinny dipping against the law?)

11. When was the first time you realized that you liked this person? A couple of weeks before we kissed, I think. We went on another road trip and had so much fun just talking and being together. I remember thinking that I needed to find someone that was like Chris- just laid back, easy going, fun to be around, etc. I found myself wanting to spend more and more time with Chris, and finally put two and two together and realized that I didn't need to find someone like Chris, I could actually just date him! Then I got nervous because I knew that if we started dating, it could get serious and I wasn't sure if I was ready for that or not. I always knew within the first week or so of dating a guy that I wasn't going to marry him, and I was never a big fan of serious, exclusive dating, so starting up a relationship that had potential, with such a good friend was unchartered territory for me.

12. Do you get along with any of the ex's of your partner? I am related to two of them (one being my sister, so of course we get along. Hi Steph!), and have only met one other ex (I think), but this was before we started dating.

13. Do you trust this person? Of course.


14. Do you see your partner in your future? That is the plan!

15. What’s the most expensive thing this person has given you? My children! Do you know how much money we have spent on diapers and clothes for those little monsters?!

16. What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerves? If he is watching TV or playing a video game (just the fact that he likes to play video games gets on my nerves, actually), he doesn't hear ANYTHING that is going on around him. The kids could be yelling at him, I could be telling him that I am going to the store and then he gets mad at me because I left and he didn't know where I was going.... (this happened last night). And, he snores, LOUD!

17. What is the thing you do that gets on his/her nerves? I am very bossy and I get frustrated if I am cleaning or working on a project and he is just sitting around doing nothing. I always expect him to be doing something too, and if he isn't, I tell him that if he needs something to do, I have a list a mile long that he can start working on. Then he gets mad and goes to his brother's house to play video games.

18. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? Hopefully by then we will know what we are going to be doing with our lives, career wise that is. I also daydream about living in a house with a basement, a two car garage, and a fenced in backyard!

19.Will this person repost this? No

I would love to hear about how you met your love so I expect to see this on all of your blogs!

5 comments:

Arnell Family said...

This is such a fun post! I love to hear about how couples met & fell in love! Monica, you are hilarious! You and Chris were definately made for each other!

Stephanie said...

Hi Monica. I still resent you for breaking me and Chris up. The feeling don't just go away like that you know.

Laura said...

First of all I loved reading about how the two of you met. Second, I think it so funny that Stephanie and Chris dated... That wouldn't work with any of my family members... That is too funny. Is that at all awkward with family get-togethers? Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I loved that. I don't even remember going to a comedy club with you guys, but thanks for letting me come on your first date. But really I dont remember any of that, please refresh my memory. And Steph really is still devastated about the whole thing. she told me she misses his lovin

Monica said...

Hey, I didn't think you could access our blogs from China! I can't believe you don't remember that night, it was your first date with Chris also! That's right, I saw the two of you over there holding hands also!