Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mormon Women

My friend e-mailed me this link and it is interesting, albeit a little controversial. Check it out: http://thegabblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/just-for-record.html

3 comments:

Laura said...

WOW! That was intense. Especially reading the comments. I am not sure how I feel about it all after getting sort of both points of views from the comments. I feel for the FLDS Families that have been affected, especially the mothers and children who have been separated... at the same time I feel for us who SO don't live like that. That really was a great post.

Monica said...

This might be overly opinionated, but I don't think that the women and children are to blame in this scenario. They live in such a male-dominated world where little value is placed on educating women and great value is placed on pleasing men. I think that the women and children are the victims here. It is frustrating though, how many people continue to confuse the FLDS church with our church.

Laura said...

Totally agree with you. Why would any woman of the 20th century want to put herself in that scenario? I think men and women are created equal. Dave offers so many things I can't but we compliment each other in so many levels. I just don't know why any body would allow themselves to be subjected to that kind of "brain washing" of sorts. And YES its very frustrating to be confused with the FLDS. May God bless them and help them!