Saturday, April 5, 2008

Lotion Mommy

Last week we had a pretty crazy babysitting day. I had 4 different "shifts" of kids, and they all overlapped so that we had people here from 9 am to almost 7 pm straight. One of the kids was especially curious and spent a great deal of time dumping things out, spilling things, and making messes. It seemed that while I was cleaning up one mess, she was making three more. After vacuuming up a rather large rice spill in my bedroom??!! I heard a sweet little voice from another room saying "oopies mommy". Now, I've mentioned this before, but when I hear the word "oopies" (meaning oopsies), it means trouble. So, I followed the voice into the bathroom and this is what I saw:
We buy this really thick lotion to put on the boys after bath time because they all have a little bit of eczema. This was a fairly new tub. It was at least 3/4 of the way full!
After he finished greasing himself up, he decided to do a little finger painting on the mirror and the counter tops.
Those of you who saw Jason in the days after his little incident will know that 17 washes still wasn't enough to get all of the lotion out of his hair. His head looked perpetually wet for a few days, but I am happy to say that he his now back to his normal, non-greasy self!

Notice how thick it is in his scalp. I had to scrape it out with my fingernails!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

LoGunns said...

OH MY!!!
plus, You also baby sat my kids and did my dishes and cleaned my house! You are a good friend:) come over again soon!

Belnap Family said...

Monica, I am laughing OUT LOUD so hard!!!! Those are the funniest pictures, I'm dying. Sorry you had to clean that up. It looks like it was hard to get out. Soooooo funnny

Laura said...

I would have been so MAD! However that cute little voice I am sure melted any anger you must have been feeling. Jason is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Monica!!
Can't beleive you had to go through that!! However, it could have been Mascara!! My other friends little girl got into her mascara and makeup the other day! That seemed pretty hard also! You seem like a great mom...Cass

Stephanie said...

I laugh so hard every time I see those pictures!! He is the funniest little guy ever. I just love him.

Arnell Family said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! When we were in CA, Ripley decided to do the same thing, but it didn't make quite as much of a mess as Jason's adventure. I was furious! But being on this end, it is sort of cute! I wish you the best of luck (and ENERGY) with your adorable boys!