This is so late, I know, but these past few weeks we have virtually
disappeared from off the face of the earth. The only person who has actually seen us who can attest to the fact that we are still alive is
Janet Owens- the best realtor in all of Utah. And she, unfortunately, has probably heard from and seen a little TOO much of us lately! We have been
harassing her non stop since we decided to put our condo up for sale. I will post some pictures of our very CLEAN and project free home when I finished getting it clean and project free....
As far as the last day of school goes... I was able to go and volunteer in Isaac's classroom almost every week throughout the school year. It was nice to be able to get to know his teacher and classmates, and I loved watching Isaac interact with and help his peers. He brought home his fair share of love notes and phone numbers, which he tried to throw away, but, I fished a few of them out of the garbage can- gross I know, because I thought that they were pretty funny! Isaac made some great friends this year and I think that overall he had a good Kindergarten experience. His teacher was really sweet, which he needed. This was her first year teaching, so academically, the class didn't progress as quickly as I expected them too, but, he loved her- seriously, I think he had a crush on her!
This is Isaac right before the bus came on his last day of school!
A little side story for you... do you see all of the pictures on the back of the door? Over the past few months, Isaac has made all of those for Chris and I. One day when I wouldn't let Isaac do something that he wanted to do, I went downstairs and half of the pictures were missing from the door. I went and asked him what happened to them, and he said, "Mom, I took away all of the ones that I made for you because you haven't been earning them; you aren't being a very nice mommy!" I tried so hard not to laugh, because he was so serious! He actually went through all of the pictures and only took down the ones that he had drawn for me and hid them in one of his drawers! I thought that I would have to earn them back one by one, but, a nice dinner of beef enchiladas (his favorite) did the trick and later that night they were all back up on the door again!
These are a couple of girls from Isaac's class

Here he is with his teacher, Miss Hansen. Yes, he wore his soccer medal to school. If you check out
Sarah's blog page, there is another really cute picture of Isaac and Miss Hansen with his friend Kevin also!
6 comments:
Hi!!! Happy you are back and I hope the condo sells quickly. are you looking for a house now? where? (i know I am being nosey, sorry)
yeah Isaac!!! Way to go. I love the story of the pictures...where do they get that from? honestly, kids just amaze me! Hope he has a great summer .
You are so sweet Laura, and definately not nosy. We are hoping to be able to afford to buy a house... We have been looking in Logan, and also in Nibley which is just south of Logan. Logan would be more convenient, but the lots in Nibley are a little bigger. So, if you know of any CHEAP houses in the area with nice backyards, hook me up!
That is the funniest story about the pictures. I can't believe you didn't tell me that sooner. What kind of a sister are you? So we going to IF this weekend? 2 of 3 of the kids voted Ethan!
I feel so left out here, you guys are moving? and what is all this IF talk from stephanie? You just cant go around living your lives without me around. You are suppost to just freeze until I get back. Monica that story of the pictures is really a funny one, your kids do the funniest things. This is going to be a great summer for Isaac, its his first real summer. Speaking from experience dont let him get to carried away with his summer fun, he still needs boundries. No road trips with friends (he says there wont be girls there, but we all know their will be), if he comes home late with a perfect story that has no holes in it, he problem made it up, and really really you need to still set a curfew for him.
Oh monica I want you to know that I did that post for you because I know that you are such a great mom and already you are concerned and worried about what your boys will be like as teenagers, so I just wanted to make you more worried. Dont worry you still have a few more years before you really have to worry. lol
2 out of 3 voted Ethan? Those aren't great numbers. And why are you voting on my kid?!
I can't believe Isaac will be in 1st grade next year! His teacher looks really cute, I can see why he had a crush on her! :)
I love the pictures on the door story too. I was looking at them before I read on, and trying to figure out what they all were. What a funny thing to hear your kid mimic your discipling techniques. Apparently you take things away from him when he isn't behaving!?! I hear some pretty funny things from Ethan like that too.
Post a Comment