Monday, June 9, 2008

Willow Park Zoo

For one of our monthly activities for work, we (and by we I mean Lauretta) had the brilliant idea of taking the kids to willow park zoo for one of their animal demonstrations/presentations. We put together some clipboards for each child with a scavenger hunt, crayons and handouts, and a free book, and then had them make toilet paper tube binoculars. The lady came out with some fun animals to show the kids, and they even got to take turns touching the snake, which was my favorite part. I actually would love to get a California King snake as a pet, but I haven't totally convinced Chris that it would be a good idea yet. Anyway, after the presentation, we gave each child their packets, a juice box, and a bag of snacks and were going to send them out to the zoo to see the rest of the animals when it started pouring! Hopefully the families will go back another day to take advantage of all of their activities and handouts! (Side note: Isaac did this for his school field trip also, and, go figure, the day that they went it poured on us the whole time. We walked the kids around and by the time they got back to the bus they were all soaked! It was actually pretty fun though).




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Laura said...

What a cool place! i bet they loved it.

Stephanie said...

What a fun activity! I forgot to ask you how that went I am glad that you did a post on it.

Belnap Family said...

You seriously want a pet snake?! That's awful. That looks like a fun activity, wish we were there...