Saturday, June 21, 2008

Nieces

I am so far behind on my blogging (this was probably over a month ago) but I love these pictures so I had to post them anyway. We were able to borrow two of my nieces for a week while their mom was recovering from surgery. I had been pestering their parents to let them come and stay with us for a while, because I needed some more females in my house! When Ian had to go back to work, we convinced him to let us bring them up here for a while, and our boys (and I) loved every minute of it. They are the cutest, sweetest, girls and we had so much fun with them. In fact, Jason still blesses Evalyn and Madi every time he prays.

Here are all of the kids together on the day that they left:
Madi, Adam, Isaac, Evalyn, and Jason

Here are the girls playing on the foam pad while we were packing up their beds. Notice the girly hair- that was my first attempt at fixing little girls' hair. It is definitely faster to get little boys ready for the day, but not nearly as much fun!
Seriously, aren't they so cute?!!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laura said...

WOW!! Way to go with the girlies hair. You are right boys are faster to get ready than boys... we are always late to church for that reason. Cousins are great. I love to see my kids with their cousins all the time.

Belnap Family said...

Those are some very cute nieces you have!! I hope you get a girl someday before child number 10.

Unknown said...

Monica, do you give lessons on how to do little girls' hair? I'm no good at doing it and I have little girls of my own. (Lucky for me, they are still pretty hairless so it's not too big of a deal, but I feel sorry for them when they do get hair!) I'm impressed with the do's! I think it's time for you to get a little girl! Oh, maybe I should be telling Chris that, though?!?!?

Lady J said...

Monica...you are WONDERFUL!! They had so much fun with you guys, and I am sure that they will want to visit again long before you have recovered from this last visit! Thanks for being such a fun Aunt...love you guys!

Jeni and Girls