Saturday, June 21, 2008

Emily and Sara

OK, this is very late also, but on May 29, 2008, Chris's sister, Holly, had her twins!!! By the way, this woman is the most amazing pregnant lady I have ever seen, but I imagine she must be very relieved not to be pregnant with twins anymore. She did more pregnant than most of us do when we are not pregnant, and I never heard her complain. Every time I saw her she was jumping up and running after her kids, cleaning, taking care of everyone, and just being her normal, cheerful, wonderful, self! I really admire this woman!
Here are the stats: Emily was 5 lbs 13 oz, 17 in long, and Sara weighed in at 3 lb 7, 15 in long.
Look at how tiny she is! Chris took this picture right after the twins were born. When I finally made it down to see them, they were already a couple of weeks old and a little bigger, but still so fragile. When I walked into the NICU, Cory was feeding Sara and the bottle was bigger than her head! I have never held or fed a baby that small before, and I could have stayed there and stared at her all night long. I am amazed when I hold newborns at how perfect and miraculous they (and our bodies) are, but I was especially overcome when I held Sara; she was so small but still so strong! It's amazing that their little bodies and organs can function effectively even when they are born so early. I was in awe the entire time I was there, looking at their sweet little faces and tiny bodies, and watching their movements and expressions. Seriously, Cory practically had to pry this baby out of my arms. But, in all fairness, I have three boys and can't seem to get a girl, and here they are with one at home and two more all at once. It's a little selfish if you ask me. So, guys, the offer still stands. I'll take one of them off of your hands. Either one. Just let me know when I can pick her up!

They were able to bring Emily home on June 9 and Sara home on June 14. The above picture doesn't do justice to just how small Sara really looked in her car seat. I can't wait to see them again!
Congratulations Holly and Cory!!

Just a side note. From now on, any time I get frustrated with my kids and think that I can't handle motherhood anymore, I think of my new hero, Holly, is always so upbeat and positive, and who now has 4 children ages two and under! She is (and always has been) truly amazing!

One other thing that is not baby related. Why can't I space my post the way I want to? I put a space somewhere and then publish it, and the space is gone, and then I try to take away a paragraph's random double spacing and publish it, and it comes back!! What is going on? Does anyone know how I can change this so that it stays the way that I want it?!! Seriously, it's driving me crazy!!

2 comments:

Belnap Family said...

Ooohhhhh!!!! I wish I could hold them! I'm so glad they are doing good, and yes, Holly is a TROOPER!!! Super trooper mom.

Dimitricoff Family said...

I know what you mean about the spacing! I think I spend more time trying to fix the spacing in my posts than I do writing them!! Let me know if you figure it out!