Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mommy, I love you?

Do you guys know the primary song that goes, "Mommy I love you, Mommy I do, Father in Heaven has sent me to you..." Well, I sing that song to the boys on a regular basis. I substitute their names for Mommy, and they love it, it's their favorite song. In fact, yesterday Jason even asked me to sing Chick Hicks I love you.... (He was holding a Chick Hicks car from the movie Cars).


So, it was nap time and Adam really didn't want to go to bed- imagine that! I made him anyway- imagine that. I would tuck him in and he would kick the covers off. He glared at me and wouldn't talk to me. I told him that when he was ready to be nice, to let me know, and I went to tuck Jason in instead. That's when I heard a sweet litte voice singing this song: "Mommy I don't love you, Mommy no I don't. Father in Heaven didn't send me to you. When I am near you, I don't love to hear you, singing so softly that you don't love me too. Mommy I don't love you, I don't love you, no I don't." I turned around and looked at Adam and he said, "Mommy I just sang the Mommy I DON'T love you song because you made me sad right now because you're making me take a nap but I'm not going to. I'm going to keep my eyes open and I'm not going to fall asleep." I told him that he was free to stay awake, as long as he closed his eyes and rested for a little while, and stayed REALLY quiet so that he wouldn't wake up his brothers. A few hours later, he woke up much happier! The little stinker!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Aren't Adam and Maddie the same age? We taught her the Primary song, "When my mother calls me, quickly I'll obey." She likes to sing the version, "When my mother calls me, I WON"T quickly obey!"

Laura said...

LOL- That was too funny! How old is Adam? I can't believe he would just come up with that... so funny.

Belnap Family said...

That is a really good song! Don't teach it to Ethan though, k? Oh man that's funny, I'm still laughing.

Stephanie said...

I love that he did that. He has got so much personality for such a little guy. I love him!

Arnell Family said...

Kids say the darndest things! Silly guy!

Alisha Jeremy George said...

That's our Adam! Cute as can be! I love him! In addition to this comment I am also writing to inform you that I UPDATED my blog! Not a whole bunch- but it is a start! :) happy now? haha