A few weekends ago I spent the day at my parent's house while they were in Idaho Falls. I was waiting for Chris to get off work so that we could go down to his parent's house for the weekend. In my vain effort to keep the kids entertained so they wouldn't get my mom's house messy, (I didn't want to do a bunch of cleaning before we left) I took them on the walking trail right by their house. My dad loves to walk briskly on this trail in order to get in his daily exercise. I would love to say that I get a great workout when I go on the trail as well, but usually we stop every couple of seconds to rest, pick up a stick, pick grass, play with bugs... you know the routine. Anyway, we had spent a good 40 min on the trail when the kids found this great grass that they wanted to play in. It was almost as tall as they were, and I convinced them to take a break from their busy play schedule in order to get a few pictures. They half-heartedly complied, but I wasn't able to get any good ones of all three boys together.
Notice the lack of sunshine in the sky? Well, after some serious playing, we managed to make it a little farther down the trail before Isaac fell off of his scooter and scraped up his knee. Blood was dripping down his leg (graphic, I know) and he was having a hard time walking. I put him in the stroller and Jason on my shoulders and asked Adam to ride the scooter. Those of you who know Adam know that he normally would have jumped at the chance to ride (and steal something from one of his brothers), he loves his scooter. But, because of Isaac's mishap, he was suddenly terrified of hurting himself too! I managed to convince him to just push it for a while, but after a couple minutes he was through. He threw it on the ground and started to cry because it was too hard. He wanted a piggy back ride too (remember, I still have Jason on my shoulders at this time). While we were all standing there arguing about who was going to walk/ride/push, it was as if the heavens opened up and from out of nowhere it started POURING rain! Go figure. Here we are, stranded halfway down the trail, 3 crying kids, a bloody knee, and a torrential rainstorm. I looked up at the sky and laughed, what else could I do? We managed to make it back to Grandma's house with barely enough time to dry off and get bandaged up before Chris got home.





7 comments:
Those are unbelievably cute pictures of your boys. And dang, I think your blog is cuter than my blog!
Hey, I didn't know Janet had a blog. Hmmm interesting. I am sorry that I never made it over that say to rescue you. I will be up tomorrow to make up for it OK? My favorite picture is the one of them walking through the tall grass.
YEAH!! You have so many cute new pictures on here! I guess that's what happens when I take a break from the blogger world. What a crazy story! I am glad you laughed about it :D
I love it. Thats so funny. Oh to be a young mom again with small children. Those were days never to be forgotten....
Monica, your boys are so cute. I love the pictures in the grass!!
That Adam is one photogenic boy! I've always thought he was adorable though. Great times, you are good at juggling three kids dude. I kinda wish I could have been there to see that.
Why is it that some of our grandest visions for fun time with the kids usually end up in such a state of chaos? I love the grass pics.
Post a Comment