What cute pictures! I guess this is the nurse coming out in me, but Jayci had the same irritating runny nose issue about a year ago. It's not fun for a mom to wipe a nose all the time, but I think kids get pretty miserable with it as well. We figured that it was probably allergies so her doctor prescribed Zyrtec syrup for her. What an improvement! It seems like some kids, Jayci for one, tend to have a lot more ear infections also when they have that allergy runny nose. The awesome thing is that Zyrtec is an over-the-counter medication now so you don't have to see a doctor to use it. I put Jayci on it quite regularly during the summer if I see she's having a problem and I definitely use it if she comes down with a cold anytime. I'm sure, however, that you already knew all of that and probably didn't need me to say a word! Sorry about my incoherent babbling!
Tracy, or Jason (whoever you really are)... I actually have never tried Zyrtec with my kids before. That is great to know! I will definately test it out, I get so sick of wiping noses every 5 minutes! Also, I had completely forgotten about Julia and the toilet! Thanks for making me laugh!!! I guess I should be thanking Julia too. I still have pictures of your garbage bag arm... ahh, good times!
Darn! I was hoping all evidence of that experience had been lost! Still a very funny memory, though!;) If you decide to try the Zyrtec, make sure you keep him on it for a while. It takes time (I'd say at least a couple days) to build up to a therapeutic level, so probably with one dose, you won't see a big difference. I've never read anything about when you should give Zyrtec, but I've heard that you should give it in the morning because it makes some kids hyper if they take it close to bedtime~~not a good combination if you ask me!!! Good luck! Hopefully it will do the trick!
7 comments:
That is such a perfect picture of all the little kids at the table. One day they are all going to look back at that and love it.
What cute pictures! I guess this is the nurse coming out in me, but Jayci had the same irritating runny nose issue about a year ago. It's not fun for a mom to wipe a nose all the time, but I think kids get pretty miserable with it as well. We figured that it was probably allergies so her doctor prescribed Zyrtec syrup for her. What an improvement! It seems like some kids, Jayci for one, tend to have a lot more ear infections also when they have that allergy runny nose. The awesome thing is that Zyrtec is an over-the-counter medication now so you don't have to see a doctor to use it. I put Jayci on it quite regularly during the summer if I see she's having a problem and I definitely use it if she comes down with a cold anytime. I'm sure, however, that you already knew all of that and probably didn't need me to say a word! Sorry about my incoherent babbling!
Sorry! I didn't realize that Jason was signed in to his gmail account when I posted! What was I just saying about incoherent babbling?!?! ;)
Fun cousin pictures. They are all really cute kids. Poor runny nose on such a cute kid.
Tracy, or Jason (whoever you really are)... I actually have never tried Zyrtec with my kids before. That is great to know! I will definately test it out, I get so sick of wiping noses every 5 minutes! Also, I had completely forgotten about Julia and the toilet! Thanks for making me laugh!!! I guess I should be thanking Julia too. I still have pictures of your garbage bag arm... ahh, good times!
Darn! I was hoping all evidence of that experience had been lost! Still a very funny memory, though!;) If you decide to try the Zyrtec, make sure you keep him on it for a while. It takes time (I'd say at least a couple days) to build up to a therapeutic level, so probably with one dose, you won't see a big difference. I've never read anything about when you should give Zyrtec, but I've heard that you should give it in the morning because it makes some kids hyper if they take it close to bedtime~~not a good combination if you ask me!!! Good luck! Hopefully it will do the trick!
ahhhhhhhhhhhh I miss THAT LITTLE BOY! :( :( Bring him to me!
Post a Comment