Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Brotherly Love

Chris had a training over the summer that he had to go to.  His work put him up in a hotel which meant... free trip for the rest of us!!
After swimming, I bathed Lucas and then started getting all of the other kids cleaned off.  He was whining, so, I told him to go get in bed and take a nap.  When I came out of the bathroom, this is where I found him.  He actually did it!  When does that ever happen?  Hardly ever, which is why this moment was documented.
Hanging out with daddy on his lunch break.


After we dropped Chris back off at work, we went to the park for a picnic.

My parents went to Hawaii and brought all the boys back these cute little turtles.  They wanted to take them to this particular park because there are a bunch of little waterways that they thought the turtles could float down.
They had so much fun at first, and then they started taking them up higher where there were more rocks and debris.  Inevitably, Isaac and Adam both lost their turtles.  We spent the next 45 minutes looking everywhere for them.  Finally, I told them that we just had to leave because we were late picking Chris up from his training.  Just then, Isaac found his, which gave Adam renewed hope and he just had to go and look one more time.  We still couldn't find it, and finally I told him that it was time to go.  He was heartbroken.  I felt terrible making him leave.  As we were walking away, I saw Isaac lag behind a little so that he was walking next to Adam.  He put his arm around him to console him, and after a few seconds of walking quietly, he reached in his pocket and pulled out his turtle and gave it to Adam.  Adam couldn't believe it at first, but when Isaac told him that he could keep it forever, he was so happy.  I was glad that I was walking ahead of them so they couldn't see me wiping tears away from my eyes.  It's moments like this that make a Mom happier than anything else in the world!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: