Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Eve

OK, so the cookie decorating was a couple of days before Halloween, but I had to throw this picture in here too. The boys had a couple of friends here to help us cut out and frost cookies this year. As always, they had a blast and ate them almost as fast as they could frost them!
One of the local grocery stores had a pumpkin painting contest. If your child entered a pumpkin, they would also get a certificate for a free donut. We let them paint the pumpkins from our garden to enter into the contest.
Here are Adam and Isaac with their finished products! They were so proud of their creations. Adam's is a bat and Isaac's is an alien.
After we dropped off their pumpkins, we got ready and headed over to our Ward Halloween party.

It was so funny to watch them try to do this. Jason especially made me laugh with the faces that he was pulling.

When we got home from the party, Chris and the boys carved our pumpkin together. They each got to pick out a feature and Chris helped them carve their own part.
Lucas hung out in the swing, talked to himself, and made silly faces while the boys were hard at work.

They even helped me separate the seeds this year so that we could roast them. I love having older kids in the house!
The finished product.
Lucas started getting a little sad while we were trying to clean up, so Isaac asked if he could hold him in the living room. A few minutes later I went in to check on them and this is what I saw:
So sweet! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kris streeter said...

I love that you take all of their clothes off to carve pumpkins. The painted pumpkins are really cute and creative. Isaac is such a cute big brother, just like you were a cute big sister to your sisters. :)(maybe Spencer.)

Stephanie said...

That is so so so so so so sweet. He is the best big brother. He loves his little brothers so much. I love the pumpkins for the contest. And I wish our ward had a halloween party, not enough kids.