Sunday, November 1, 2009

Conference and Benjamin

This year, Conference weekend was really relaxed. I was still sick so we didn't go anywhere and didn't have any visitors. The kids sat and did their activity packets during the morning sessions and took naps during the afternoon sessions- it was perfect! I really love Conference and enjoyed all of the talks, but one of my favorites was Elder Bednar's. I get overwhelmed worrying about my boys and wondering how I am going to teach them help them each become good, responsible, kind adults. You know, the usual. Anyway, I loved how he talked about how just doing the small things every day make a big difference in the long run. Now, if we could just work on the doing the small things....


Benjamin came and stayed with us for a couple of days 2 weeks ago. He was so good, and Jason loved having him here. They just played and played. Jason loved having someone around while Isaac and Adam were in school. One morning I was fixing my hair and listening to them play downstairs. All of the sudden I realized how quiet it was, so I went to check on them. When I got downstairs, I didn't see or hear them anywhere. The front door was open and I started to worry. Then I heard giggling and whispering coming from the closet downstairs. I opened it and there they were, sitting on the floor with their light sabers. I asked them what they were doing and they whispered to me, "shhh, there are dinosaurs in the kitchen". Here they are later, each holding a baby dinosaur that they caught:

Jason has a great imagination, and sometimes his brothers (and parents) don't play along the way he wants them to. Benjamin likes pretend play just as much as Jason does, so they were both in heaven!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Belnap Family said...

Why are you such a good mom and why can't I be more like you?????

kris streeter said...

I love that Benjamin and Jason are good playmates now. Benjamin's imagination has gotten so much better sense being at your house and playing with Jason.

Stephanie said...

Do you want him again?