Mother's Day was so great this year! I didn't have to lift a finger all day long. Chris and the boys let me sleep in until 9:00 and then brought me breakfast in bed, then Jason had a poopy diaper and Chris changed it. Chris got the kids ready for church and in the middle of sacrament meeting, Jason pooped again and Chris changed it! While we were sitting in church, Isaac scooted up right next to me, laid his head on my shoulder, rubbed my sunburned arm really softly, and told me that I was the best mom in the whole world. It was so sweet, especially because in a few short years he won't think that anymore! The boys sang in sacrament meeting, and they were so cute- of course, every other mother in the room was thinking the same thing about my kids- OK, maybe not. They were thinking that their kids were the cutest ones in the room, but, Adam and Isaac walked up to the front so reverently; with their arms folded, and then Adam stood in the front row and waved and smiled at me the whole time he was singing. I tried not to laugh. Isaac of course, winked a few times, smiled, and then over dinner told me that he just mouthed the words the whole time because he didn't feel like singing.
Chris made lunch and dinner and Isaac and Adam helped do the dishes. Notice the professional stacking job on the clean dishes!
A few days before Mother's Day Isaac told me that he made me a present and put it in the coat closet, and warned me not to look. I, of course, looked. I laughed so hard and could not wait until Mother's Day when I could open his surprises. On the big day, he brought me four gift bags and they were all full of food from our pantry! One bag had chips, one had some canned goods, one had pudding and jello boxes, and the last one had bottles of food that I had canned last summer. He stapled a cute little note on one of the bags that said, "I love you, you are a great mom!". Adam and Isaac also drew me some pictures, which, is better than any present a mom could get. I always tell them that the things that make moms the hapiest are hugs, kisses, and little boys that make good choices. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Me, Adam, and Isaac. Oh, did I mention that the best part about Mother's Day was that right before bed Jason pooed again! That's right! 3 poos in one day! And I didn't have to change a single one!! Contrary to popular belief, that is what Mother's Day is all about!!! I love you Chris!
7 comments:
I didn't have to change three poopie diapers too!! It was so nice. All day I would say "it's my day" to anything. Even taking my plate to the sink. That is so funny that Isaac gave you stuff from the pantry!! I laughed. I would have thought that they are the cutest kids up there singing too because I'm sure they really are the cutest kids in your ward.
spoken like a very good auntie stephanie!
i love this post... its so cute! I love that Isaac got you such a great gifts! i told my husband, dave, about it and he thought that was really funny. what a cute kids really... I love being a mom for these same reasons. hugs, kisses and kids that make good choices are the best thing a mom can get... i agree!
Your kids are so great! And Chris too. Hazel got diarhea on Mothers day and Matt change the first 10 and then I thought I would start helping:)
....and this is why I cant wait to be a mom someday
I just say all that other crap because I know I have to find something positive about a day where I don't really get pampered...even if I really want to! I've expected too much in the past, and I'm always dissapointed,that's why I took a new outlook on the whole thing.
I am still laughing at Isaac wrapping up food from the pantry!!! And I can't believe you peeked!! HAve you no self control?!
No. I've tried to have self control in the past, and it has never really worked for me so I gave up! I liked your Mother's Day post, everything that you said was true and very sweet. I love your perspective, it made me think about it in a whole different way.
Congrats on the new home!!!! Should be aplenty of things to blog on this move. Let us know when it is time to help.
love ya all,
Papa
Post a Comment