I have to say, Jeni and Ian (Chris's sister and brother-in-law) never cease to amaze me with their creativity and talents!! Their baby, Leyla, just turned 1 and they had a Mary Poppins party for her at Liberty park. It was so much fun! Ian made the invitations, and I can't get over how amazing they looked! He is one multi-talented man, that is for sure. Not only is he a skilled graphic designer, but he is a photographer as well. And, he has the ability to be able to keep everyone in stitches all of the time!
They set up the table with raspberry ice (start singing the song now... "we'll start with raspberry ice...) and then they had some cakes and the most creative part, little bags of candy with a spoon- get it? A spoonful of sugar!


The kids played at the park, made chalk drawings (though no one was able to jump into any of them), and flew kites- sort of.
Jeni and Ian had two huge baskets full of bread crumbs and so after we played at the park, we went over to the pond to "feed the birds" (now get that song stuck in your head for a few minutes). (Oh, they had those foil gold chocolate coins spread all over the tables also- tuppence of course!).

You might think that was all the fun we could squeeze into one day, well, you are wrong! After feeding the ducks, we got to ride on some of the rides at the park!

You might think that was all the fun we could squeeze into one day, well, you are wrong! After feeding the ducks, we got to ride on some of the rides at the park!
Grandpa George taking some of the Grandkids on the ferris wheel and Chris and Isaac riding the swings.
The swings were Isaac's favorite part, but after taking 2 and a half rides without stopping, I can't say the same for Ian and Jeni!
Then came my favorite part. After we were finished at the park, we all went to Ikea for lunch and then a little browsing, if you can call it that! I have never been there before and aside from Jason crying the whole time, it was so fun!
So, thanks for a great day, Ian and Jeni! We love you guys!















4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have been there to ride the rides too. That family has the most creative fun parties I swear.
Looks like someone has been updating the old blog. I tell you Chis' family are super creative and fun. they never have a dull moment do they?
You are the sweetest girl! We are so glad that you enjoyed it! We will have to do it again soon - Madi's is coming right up! Love you guys!
That family really does like to have fun. What is wrong with us? Bunch of party-poopers.
Seriously though, looks like a ton of fun! What a creative party theme. I bet the kids loved every moment.
Post a Comment