Isaac is such a great kid! He is incredibly mischievious and independent. He is also very tender hearted and sweet. He is a great helper and friend. He loves to PLAY, learn new things, do all sorts of experiments (and every once in a while he actually remembers to ask permission before doing them), and read. He is currently reading Harry Potter, and is almost halfway through it! I am always impressed with the things that he knows, does, and understands. We love you so much Isaac!!
It seems like every birthday that comes around we have all sorts of family obligations or other prior engagements. Chris's sister had her baby's blessing on Isaac's birthday this year, so we extended his birthday celebration over the span of a few days to make up for being gone on his actual birthday- lucky kid! On Friday night, some friends came over and brought Isaac a present. We also let him open our presents that night, which he was very excited about!
It seems like every birthday that comes around we have all sorts of family obligations or other prior engagements. Chris's sister had her baby's blessing on Isaac's birthday this year, so we extended his birthday celebration over the span of a few days to make up for being gone on his actual birthday- lucky kid! On Friday night, some friends came over and brought Isaac a present. We also let him open our presents that night, which he was very excited about!
Saturday morning, we made Isaac a birthday breakfast- he chose biscuits and gravy, which made his dad pretty happy too! We let him read some of the things that we love about him out of our Birthday jar, and then I let him help me plan out our lunch and dinner for the day also.
The boys spent most of the day just playing while I cleaned and packed for our trip. Isaac was excused from chores for the day, which probably made him even happier than the presents he got to open the night before! When Chris got home for work, we packed up the car and headed out of town.
While driving, we talked to Isaac about his Birthday and explained to him that even though Sunday is his actual birthday, we wouldn't be celebrating because of the baby blessing. We explained to him that that was why we had already opened presents, and why he had all of his extra privileges already. He said that he understood and was OK, but I could tell that he was a little disappointed and was just trying to be a good sport- he is so sweet!
When we pulled into town, we called Chris's family and told them that we were almost there. When we got to his parent's house, the lights were all off. We had Isaac go up to the door and open it for all of us. When he stepped inside the house, someone turned on the light and Chris's whole family jumped up and started singing happy birthday to him! I wish that I could have seen his face, but, I know that he stopped right there in his tracks and just froze. He had a huge smile his face, and his cheeks were all red and flushed. He was SO surprised!! Chris's family was AMAZING! They decorated the house with balloons and streamers, bought him a huge Star Wars cake, and even brought in a popcorn machine and made popcorn for everyone! I would venture to say that it was one of the best nights of little Isaac's life, it meant so much to him and to us that Chris's family would put this all together! Thank You again!!


The weekend after Jane's blessing, my brother Jared's little girl, Anna, was blessed. I didn't get any pictures of her in her blessing dress, so, I will have to get some from my sister's page when she posts them! Here is Adam playing with sidewalk chalk at my parent's house.
Jason drew these little guys all over the sidewalk. One was Annakin (is that how you spell it?), one was General Grievous, and I'm sure there was a Luke and a number of other Star Wars guys scattered all over the place. He made sure that all of them had light sabers, and kept telling me stories about everything that they were doing- this kid has such a vivid imagination!
Ethan and Adam
To round up the birthday celebrations, we had a little joint party at my Parent's house for Isaac and Andrew the night before the blessing.
Here are all of the Grandkids on my side of the family:
The boys blowing out the candles on their birthday cupcakes. Andrew was not very happy!
Jason, decorating his cupcake.
Kimberly made Chris a "special" cupcake. It had so much frosting piled on it that I don't think even the kids would have been able to eat it! The picture just doesn't do it justice!
Adam and his finished product!


5 comments:
I love your kids, and I was getting excited reading about the party up at the Georges. That is so fun and means so much to kids. I sure do love Isaac, he is such a great sport and older brother. He deserved a good birthday!
Wow! That was a great birthday week. I absolutely loved that Chris' family did a big deal for him. so fun:)
We just love Isaac. I'm glad he had a great birthday! It looks like he had a fun weekend!
Happy day to that handsome Isaac! What a fun week. I love b-days, i think they should all be a week :)
I am so glad that Chris' family did that too it makes me smile just thinking of his face walking in the door. I will get some pics of Anna soon I just have a lot of updating to do.
Post a Comment