Monday, April 6, 2009

Eight Years!

Chris and I recently celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! We were lucky enough to have great family members watch our kids so that we could get away for a while and spend some time together, just the two of us! It was wonderful! We talked, shopped, went out to lunch, and just enjoyed being together! Unfortunately, I don't ever remember to take pictures unless the kids are around, so, sorry. I look huge and pregnant anyway, so you probably won't see any pictures of me for the next year regardless!

The other day, Chris went out of his way to do something that he knew I would like, just to be nice (with no prompting or asking on my part). This is not an unusual occurrence, he does kind, thoughtful things for me on a daily basis. On this particular day I asked him why he was so good to me all of the time. His answer was so sweet, he simply said, "Because you chose me". "There were a million other guys (this is not true, but it's good that he thinks it is) that you could have dated or married that would have provided for you better, that would have been much better off financially, that could have taken you all over the world, but instead, you chose to be with me and I want to make sure that you don't ever regret it!".

What he doesn't realize is that I am the lucky one, not him! We might not make much money, take exotic vacations, etc., but I couldn't ask for a better person to share my life with! I love being around him, I always have (even long before we started dating- we have always just been drawn to each other). He is a good husband and a good Father (and one of the few guys out there that actually wants to have kids)! He treats me so well, even when I don't deserve it! He is easy to talk to. He is kind, thoughtful, helpful, fun, funny (he makes me laugh all of the time), and loving. He works hard and sacrifices so much for his family, he is a genuinely good person, and he truly cares about other people. I don't know many men that could work in his field and love it, but he does! Between both of his jobs, Chris spends every day of his life serving others, helping people set goals, and empowering them to make good decisions and improve their lives. In my opinion, the work that he does is more valuable and rewarding than a prestigious title or a big paycheck, and I am so proud of him!!!

I have such a deep appreciation for Chris. I love him and respect him, and more than anything, I am just grateful that he chose me! Happy Anniversary!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Monica, you don't give yourself enough credit. You are gorgeous! You and Chris are perfect together! I'm glad you had a good time. I know Chris is a great hubby to you, but I also know that you are an amazing wife and mother as well!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Stephanie said...

I love Chris too. You did get a great guy. Of all the guys that you dated he fits in the best with the family.

LoGunns said...

You guys are perfect for eachother!

The Davies Family said...

What a sweetie! You definitly deserve each other!
You at least have to post the ultra sound picture..come on!

Janet said...

Monica, I am so glad you are happy. Chris is very lucky.

Janet said...

Monica, I am so glad you are happy. Chris is very lucky.

Laura said...

What a great post! Happy Anniversary. You guys are a great couple. Chris is such a nice guy and you deserve each other :)