Here are just a few random pictures of the kids:
Adam and Jason, getting their stuffed animals all ready for bed
The boys love building forts all over the house.
The boys love building forts all over the house.
So, a few weeks ago, Jason was sick. It was nap time and I was laying down with him in my bed, trying to get him to go to sleep (he was so sad). Adam came in and started jumping on the bed and jumping on Jason. I asked him to stop a number of times, and finally I picked him up, put him on the floor, and told him to go to his room in a not so nice voice (maybe not the best parenting, but he was driving me crazy!). Anyway, he looked at me like I had just broken his heart, and he turned and walked away, closing the door (loudly) behind him. About 5 minutes later, he came back in my room and handed me this picture. "This is you, and you are being really mean to me, so that is me leaving and closing the door", he said.
I tried hard not to laugh out loud, I didn't want to hurt his feelings again. I just told him thank you for drawing a picture to explain to me how he was feeling, and that drawing can be a good way to express yourself. Then I explained to him why I was sad too. We kissed and made up, and then he hung his picture up for me on the wall above my bed. Every time I look at it, I laugh. Mostly because of how scary and mean I look!
Isaac wanted to take a picture of me the other night, and then of course, when he was done everyone else had to take a turn also. Some of them actually turned out pretty cute! Good job boys!
Isaac wanted to take a picture of me the other night, and then of course, when he was done everyone else had to take a turn also. Some of them actually turned out pretty cute! Good job boys!
This is Jason's Indiana Jones hat. You might recognize it from Chris's Halloween costume. The boys all take turns wearing it, but Jason definitely likes it the most- that kids takes it with him everywhere- to the grocery store, to the family center, to sleep. He always wants to wear it to church, but that is where I draw the line. I don't think his nursery teachers would appreciate some of his Indiana Jones antics (like when he takes off his belt and pretends that it is a whip).
Nice face Isaac!

3 comments:
OH my. I am laughing so hard I had to show Greg that picture. Not only is it HILARIOUS but also very impressive. Good job Adam. Funny, funny kid.
The boys are so loving to their stuffed animals, I guess you could take a lesson from them and be nicer to them,i.e. the picture Adam drew. I really had to laugh at his creativity, he is so great. I love him and Isaac and Jason. Monica you are a great mom.
Maybe I will start drawing pictures to Lenny. What a great way to communicate feelings.
Post a Comment