Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fun at the Fun Park

This is Jason playing at the Fun Park. We went there for our FHE activity last week and Isaac ran into some friends from school. They had so much fun running around; now Adam prays every night that we can go back to the Fun Park again!

Isaac, going down one of the tube slides backwards.

Adam and Jason were in playing with the dry erase board, one of their "favorite" activities. Usually they just scribble and fight about who is drawing on who's side of the board. This time, Adam actually drew something! It was a Christmas miracle! He drew pictures of everyone in our family, and then wrote every one's name above their picture. He only asked me for help with Jason's "J". (It still came out backwards-oops). I kept trying to help him, but he wanted to do it all by himself. It turned out so cute!!

The finished product!

Posted by Picasa This might not seem like a grand feat, but for those of you who know my kids, you know that drawing/coloring and any other crafty cut and paste projects are the LAST things in the world that they are interested in doing. Adam had some potential when he was younger, but Isaac quickly let him know that coloring was for girls. Unfortunately for all of us, now that Isaac is in school all they ever do is color, draw, and do arts and craft projects. Not exactly what we expected from Kindergarten, but that is a whole other blog post that no one would want to read....

4 comments:

Belnap Family said...

Ethan is just starting to pray for really funny things like that too!! Greg and I always open one eye and look at each other and crack up, silently of course. I am VERY impressed with Adam's drawing! Ethan is more willing to color and draw, but he refuses to write even his own name on things. You have very smart boys!!

Alisha Jeremy George said...

I agree with the above... I am actually planning on sending all my kids to you for a few hours a day before they start Kindergarten so that you can make them smart and I will feel proud when they start Kind. and know more than the third graders! You are the perfect mommy!!

Stephanie said...

Funny Alisha should mention that, I plan to send my kids to you too so that they can become smarter. Benjamin is already smarter every time he comes home from your house.

Monica said...

Yeah... I wish that I could take credit for all of them!