This is a little late, but, better late than never, right? Along with the green food and silly leprechaun tricks, we thought it would be fun to make leprechaun footprints.
We made a bunch of green finger paint (so easy, you just use cornstarch, sugar, water, and food coloring) and then went to town! It was messy, but a lot of fun. Jason was so serious at first. He saw me showing Isaac and Adam how to do it, and then he sat there with his little fist making prints and counting the toes as he made them (this is how he counts: one, three, four, five, six, eight, nine, ten, thirteen, thirteen, thirteen...). Apparently, all of his footprints had 13 toes. They only stayed "on task" for a few minutes, and then they just made a mess, as you can see from Isaac and Adam's hands. But, they sure had a great time.





After the paint dried, we decided to cut them out and put them in a pile with a note that Isaac wrote to the leprechauns (he went into the living room and wrote it by himself- no prompting or help, and then he glued some cookies for them onto the paper- yummy). We thought that maybe if we left them out, the leprechauns could use them if they wanted to, and, sure enough, the next morning they had made a trail all the way from the boys' room to the kitchen with them. Those silly leprechauns must have climbed all over the windows, walls, ceilings, and bookshelves because there were footprints everywhere! Adam giggled the whole way down the stairs. They led to a little treat, and it was such a fun surprise for the boys!

This is Isaac's note, and the little footprint is one of Jason's

I just thought this picture was cute.
5 comments:
I wish my mom had a mom like you. so fun!
How fun! What a great idea. I will have to try that next year.
How fun. You will have to help me be a fun mom like you when Benjamin gets bigger. That picture of Chris and Jason is adorable!
I can just hear Adam giggling the whole way down the stairs! Cute.
You are such a creative mom, I wish your mom was so creative. I can just see the kids loving it. MOM
Post a Comment