Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another Shot

OK, as you can see, I kind of gave up on the blog thing and created a facebook account instead. But, thanks to frequent nudges from my sisters, I've decided to give this another shot! Now is a great time to get started because we will be celebrating birthdays like crazy these next few months. So, here we go!

This winter has been fun for the boys because we have had so much snow. Isaac could play outside for hours if he had a friend that would hold out that long with him. Louisa Hall is his all-time favorite sledding "buddy"! But, his dad and brothers come in a close second.
(Just a little side story... After Isaac and Louisa had been playing outside for HOURS, I called Isaac in. He is 5 and Louisa is 9 or 10. He adores her, and so I was surprised when I asked him if he had fun and he said that he didn't want to talk about it. He seemed so sad, and after a few minutes of peristant prying he told me why. "Mom" he said, "Louisa called me a bad word". "What did she call you?" I asked. "I can't say it, it's a private part". "You can tell me, I'm your mom." Silence. Then, in a barely audible voice, "She called me a weenie! Why was she saying such a mean thing to me?" and he buried his head on the couch and started to cry. Oh the misunderstandings of youth! They have since reconciled, and Isaac now knows ANOTHER meaning for the word weenie.)


Mark made an amazing sledding hill at Grandma and Grandpa George's house when we were up there for Chris's birthday, and the kids and grown-ups lined up over and over again, just waiting for their turn to go down!


Believe it or not, these are only some of the snow clothes that were piled here after we were finished sledding at Grandma and Grandpa's!







7 comments:

Arnell Family said...

We are so excited that we get to see your beautiful family whenever we want now! Welcome to the blogging world!

Belnap Family said...

Yaaay!!! I am so excited! I miss you guys so much. I wish Ethan could go sledding with his cousins. I guess we'll see you next week! :)

Stephanie said...

YAY FOR YOUR BLOG!!!! So far, very very cute. I can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big your boys are! I miss seeing your family on a regular basis. Hope PAT is going okay. Tell everyone hi for me!

Ang

LoGunns said...

weenie-hahaha. It was fun to see you guys last night!!! Let's do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

This is a VERY NEAT THING!! Thanks for sharing the link to your BLOG. I can also see many other blogs and LEARN A LOT!
BUT . . . I did not find Adam's birthday cake and/or perhaps you need to give me a bit of training on how to pull it out of your blog.
Good Stuff, love ya, PaPa George

Anonymous said...

We had a great time at your house this past weekend, Thanks! AND I am always going to bring the year up so I don't miss a thing. I have been just viewing the new, but if I missed a time of "new" I did not see it and enjoy it. Wonderful things happening at the George house and the holidays look like it would be terrible to miss.
You are all lovin' life.
Love, PaPa George