Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No more mister nice guy!


This post is to mourn the fact that my sweet little baby is turning into a monster! I know, it's hard to believe. Jason has always been a little angel. Heavenly Father sent him to me to ensure that I would eventually have another baby. That's not going so well anymore.
Every time I turn around this kid is standing on the kitchen counter, standing on the bathroom counter and pouring water onto the floor, climbing up the bookshelves, pulling everything out of the kitchen cabinets and leaving a trail of destruction behind him wherever he goes! I left him alone for about 5 minutes today and he opened a package of graham crackers, broke them into pieces, took a bite out of every piece, and then lined them up across the counter (this is right after he had dumped out a whole bag of cereal and started throwing apples as if they were bouncy balls- I promise we feed him!). I got into the kitchen just in time to stop him from stomping across the "trail" that he had made. We had to get a lock for our refrigerator because he would sneak into it 60 times a day every day, eat all of the yogurt, empty everything else out, and try to pour himself his own glasses of milk and then have a ball "spashing" in the giant puddles all over the kitchen floor (a fun fact that Jason recently figured out: when you dump a whole glass of milk on the carpet, you can't splash in it- it's not as fun!). Some of his favorite things to say are, "I can do it!, No way!, that's mine!, My turn!, NO!, and oopies" (oopsies) when he makes a mess. All day long all I hear is a little voice yelling, "MA, MOM, or MOMMY" over and over and over and over. The other two never really went through the "terrible twos", I think Isaac had terrible threes instead. But this kid is not even 2 yet, and it has already started! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Belnap Family said...

That sounds like such a joy! I wonder if my darling little angel, Lucy had an influence on him when we were down there. No, she's just mouthy, not all that other stuff. I feel for you because he was your perfect little boy so far! Maybe you should feed him more...it sounds like he is starving.

Arnell Family said...

Oh my goodness! What a handful! Ya know, I figure that something aweful has to happen at some time. Ripley is getting terrible at ignoring anything I tell him to do. Talk about ATTITUDE!!! YIKES!Good luck to us all!

Stephanie said...

LIES LIES THEY ARE ALL LIES!!! Why do you have to tait the perfect image I have of your sweet little angel?! Stop it right now!