Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Vacation!!!

 I think I have written on here before that Chris's parents like to have a party or do some kind of family activity every year instead of giving out presents for Christmas.  Two years ago, they decided that we would have 2 really small parties and save up money so that this year we could all go to Disneyland.  Each family was in charge of their travel and food, and everything else would be taken care of.  We have never been on a real family vacation before, and the kids and I had never been to Disneyland.  Needless to say, I was stressed trying to figure out how to save money, plan, etc.  Then I got pregnant, which threw us for a loop as well.  But, somehow everything worked out like it always does, and we were able to do everything we needed to in order to be able to go.  The kids were so excited!  They could barely contain themselves the week leading up to our trip, and, I wondered how they would survive a full day of school on the day that we left!  We sent the kids off and Chris and I packed up the car and finished getting everything ready.  We put together a binder full of activities for each kid, and filled up a bag with library books and travel games for the drive.  Lucas couldn't wait to put on his backpack, and spent all day talking about how he was going to go to Disneyland to see Mickey Mouse.  

So excited to go!

In the car.

We stopped in St George for a bathroom break, and the boys were so excited to see their first palm tree that we had to take a picture of it!

Hotel in Vegas

We got up early in the morning and checked out of our hotel so we would have some time to walk the strip with the kids.
 
 
 
 
 
 

By the time we were done, our feet were tired, we were hot, and the kids were ready for lunch, but, we had a great time!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: