Jason knew for a while that when he went to his 4 year old Doctor's appointment he would be getting his Kindergarten shots. Well, the months leading up to his birthday were full of elaborate plans with the sole purpose of getting out of getting his shots. A few examples:
"Mom, what if this birthday I turned 5 and next birthday I can turn 4, then I can get my shots next year instead of this year!", "What if after I go to the Doctor and he checks me, I sneak your phone and call Dad and he comes and picks me up really fast before I am supposed to go back and get my shots?", "What if when I go to the Doctor and Adam and Isaac come with me and when I am supposed to get my shots they give them to Adam or Isaac", "What if I just hide and you and the Doctor can't find me? Then will you give me my shots when I am 5?" and of course, "I don't really want to go to Kindergarten anyway Mom". And then there was my personal favorite... "Mom, I don't have to really get shots to go to Kindergarten, I can just wear some bandaids when I go to school and they will all think that I got my shots even though I didn't! Despite all of his planning and excuses, he really did a great job! He sat there so bravely and didn't even make a sound. Afterwards he told me that they hurt a little bit, but not too bad!
Answering the phone:
On occasion, Jason will get to the phone before I do. This is not a good thing. Especially when someone from the Ward is calling for Chris. Especially when Chris is at work but Jason tells the person on the other line that Daddy is upstairs pooping right now....
Adam's new name:
Adam decided at the beginning of summer that he didn't like his name anymore. He even had tears in his eyes when he asked me why we had to name him Adam. I told him that I loved his name and he told me that it was boring. So, I asked him what he would like his name to be. He promptly responded, "Light Up". Apparently he has been thinking about this for a while.
Fortunately, his new name only lasted for about a week.
Now that Adam is back to being himself again, Jason has decided to change his name to Bolt.
Jason saw a man on TV with big muscles and said, wow mom, that's a bumpy guy!
I was doing laundry (because that's all I do every single day all day long) and was turning the pajamas inside out. Jason was watching me with a very serious look on his face. Out of nowhere, he asked me if Heavenly Father told me to do it like that. I said no, I just like to turn them inside out so they stay looking nice and soft. "Well" he responded, "you should probably ask if it is OK with Heavenly Father." I told him that that was a great idea, and that I would make sure to ask Him about it later. He kept staring at me. "No mom, right now." So, we knelt down together and asked permission from Heavenly Father to turn the pajamas inside out when we do our laundry. I think we got the OK from up above, but, I was a little too busy trying not to laugh to be totally sure.
Jason-
That guy is more magic even than dad. He can make a quarter come out of his head, not just his ear!
Has anyone seen my nickel?! Oh (disappointed because he saw it sitting on the bed), I thought I made it disappear.
When we are already in the bathroom you can't tell us to go to the bathroom mom, you have to tell us to go pee. But, if we aren't in the bathroom, then you can tell us to go to the bathroom, OK? (I get reminded of this almost nightly when I tell him to "go to the bathroom" after he brushes his teeth).
Jason was snuggling with me in bed during nap time. He was getting really wiggly and so I was holding on to him tight. All of the sudden he started crying and said "Mom, you are taking my breath out of me!" I loosened my grip and we kept playing for a while. Then he turned to me and said, "When dad comes home from work, you're going to have to tell him what you did to me!" Then he thought about it for a while and asked me if dad was in charge of me. "No, I'm in charge of him" I said. "Well, he should be in charge of you because he is bigger than you!" When Chris came home I told him what I had done, hoping that he would put me in time out in my room for a while... no such luck...
2 comments:
All of these were so good! I love the laundry onr:)you are such a good mom.
So funny! Your kids say and do the funniest things.
Post a Comment