OK, I am fully aware that my blogging absence has gone on for too long! I have been a terrible blog friend in every way. Not only do I not update my own blog, I haven't looked at any of your blogs on a consistent basis for a very long time. So long in fact, that many of you have gone private and I didn't even know! So, how do I go about asking for an invite without sounding like the biggest slacker on the planet!?
Now, to explain and attempt to justify my absence... Our computer is stupid! It just stopped charging. At first, we could hang it upside down and it would work. Then we would have to twist the cord around, say a special chant, and do many other unspeakable things just to get it to charge for a few minutes. It wasn't the cord, the problem was inside the computer and everyone we talked to said that it was too expensive and our computer was too cheap to merit the cost of repair. Eventually, we got a new computer, but, I have a very serious problem. I have to do things in order. I had a hard time blogging our new pictures when I hadn't done all of our old ones yet. So, I just kept putting it off and getting farther and farther behind! Anyway, I was able to get a few of the pictures off of the old computer, but there are still a lot more. Not to mention all of the files and information that we need to retrieve (that doesn't have anything to do with blogging, but, it weighs on my mind nevertheless)...
Anyway, birthday season is upon us again, and, my goal is to be updated by then. I don't know if it will happen, there will probably be 20 new posts a day, but, I am going to try. The thing that makes me the saddest about my laziness is that I haven't been documenting all of the crazy stories and little memories from the past year. There are a few things that I might remember from our pictures, but most of the day to day stuff is already gone- apparently you need sleep in order to retain information, so, I'm in big trouble!!
So, for all of my blogging friends that have gone private, please leave me a message and I will send you my e-mail address. And for those of you who have been anxiously awaiting an update (ha ha, all two of you) I will try and do my best. There are already several beneath the random funny stories post.
8 years ago
2 comments:
Hang on, hang on, I need to go change my pants before I read on. I don't like sitting in my own filth. You should have warned me you updated so I wouldn't have this kind of accident.
My blog addy has changed and it is not published anywhere...I know that makes no sense. But if you want to read (we haven't been regularly blogging over the last year either as life has just been really difficult) click on my new Blogger ID and it will take you there.
Cynthia Mikesell
P.S. Who also totally understands if you don't want to keep up with our family.
Post a Comment