Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacation Week, part 2

Since we didn't go camping, we thought it would be fun to take the kids up to the lake for a day. The water was so high, we ended up wading through it with all of our stuff and setting up on a sand bar. It was the perfect day to go; not too crowded, not too cold. The kids swam, built sand castles, and just played and played. For the next week Jason told everyone that would listen to him all about going to the lake and swimming in the hot water (between the car and the sandbar) and the cold water (the rest of the lake) over and over and over again.

Chris, testing out the kids' chair. He always makes me laugh. I love that he is as much of a kid as the kids are!
Isaac spent most of his time digging a canal across the sandbar.

Our trip just wouldn't be complete if Chris didn't bury at least one kid in the sand!



3 comments:

Belnap Family said...

You're killing me...I want to go to BEAR LAKE!!
It's very cute that Chris is such a little kid. I'm glad he's stuck to the tradition of burying kids in the sand!

Stephanie said...

Will he bury me in the sand this weekend (that is if I can come).

tfthornock said...

Your boys are adorable and you are the cutest little pregnant lady ever! I know, go ahead and whack me if you want, but it's true! And seriously, you're getting so close to experiencing the joys/ craziness of 4 hooligans! Wahoo!!! ;) I LOVE the lake....as if you didn't already know that! We went this past weekend. It was super fun and warm, but it was way too busy. I think we'll be trying a weekday next time! Looks like you've all had oodles of fun during your vacation!