Monday, July 27, 2009

Camping

We finally made it camping this summer! The boys were so excited, and I'm happy to report that the trip definitely lived up to their expectations. They were in little boy heaven the whole time we were there; fishing, playing, getting dirty, throwing rocks in the water, etc. Isaac even got to go shooting with his dad, which he loved. Here are the boys putting their feet in the water. About a half an hour later, their shirts were off and their shorts were soaking wet! I should have packed their swimming suits!
Isaac and Dad, getting ready to fish. This boy was a die hard. He would have fished from the moment he woke up to the moment he went to sleep. He was being eaten ALIVE by mosquitoes (even with 3 coats of bug spray) but he didn't care. He kept saying, "just one more cast mom, please!!!". His Grandpa would have been proud!

Isaac asked us to pack the little tent that his Grandpa gave him last year. I was a little hesitant to do so, but, he was very persistent. We set it up for him and much to my surprise, he slept in it by himself, all night long!
The batteries on my camera died mid camping trip, so I don't have any pictures of the boys playing with their cousins, but, we had a great time!
The pictures below are from when we went up the canyon a couple of days later and had tin foil dinners and s'mores.

This is the only picture I took of our trip to see my cousin. We had a great time though! Thanks Michelle, for letting us come!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really want to go camping with you guys sometime. That is so cute that Isaac liked fishing that much.

tfthornock said...

Wow, Monica! Camping VERY pregnant...I'm so impressed! You are a brave woman! Looks like you all had a great time!