Friday, May 29, 2009

Bigger Child, Bigger Canvas, Bigger Mess!

Well, we had a repeat incident the other day. I let the boys take a bath in my bathtub. When they were done, I got them out, dried them off, put some lotion on them, sent them to their room to get dressed, and went downstairs to finish doing the dishes. Adam came down a few minutes later and told me that Jason was making a mess. Well, what else is new? He is ALWAYS making a mess. But, Adam kept tugging on my arm and saying come on, so I went with him, and this is what I found:

When I asked him what he was doing he casually replied, "Making a picture, Mommy". Then, as he squished his fingers together, he said "Listen, my hands are making a tooting sound!".

Once again, this lotion was almost brand new!!
Notice the cleaning supplies by the mirror? Chris was supposed to clean this bathroom the night before. Fortunately for Jason, he never got around to it. You can't see it in the picture, but he got lotion all over the counter, sink, faucet, everything. At least this time, he didn't put very much in his hair! Jason helped me clean it up a little bit, and then I put him to bed. I cleaned the bathroom while the boys were napping, so Chris, you owe me now!
On a side note, I can't get Jason to smile normally in any pictures anymore. Every time I pull out the camera, he makes a funny face. But the one time I didn't need him to smile? Well, just look at him! What do I do with this kid?!

5 comments:

Belnap Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I am laughing so hard right now. That kid!!!! His smile just shows how proud he is of his art work.....and the tooting sound ;0) cracking me up

Kellie said...

These little boys!!! Luckily the bathroom wasn't just cleaned. I would have been too sad! Jason does look so cute, and proud of his artwork. Thanks for linking the old post. That must be his signature canvas...

Stephanie said...

I can't believe he did it again! What a little stinker. I am glad that I am not the only one with a stinker as a child. It's cute when Jason does things.

Kallee said...

Another Classic! I love reading your blog. I'm just glad I didn't have to clean up the mess:).

Sounds like your yard took a little more work than expected...sounds a bit like our life:). Glad you got it all fixed and that things are coming together, but still wish you could have had sod. Can't wait to see how your garden goes.

Laura said...

He is SO cute! Just let him be cute and I am sure with that smile he can get away with anything.