Friday, May 15, 2009

Jason's Birthday

Jason's Birthday was a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe that he is already 3! He is such a funny little kid. He was, by far, the easiest, sweetest baby I have had. I told everyone that the reason Heavenly Father sent him to our family was to ensure that I would have another one. Thank goodness I got pregnant when I did! He is still very sweet, but, this kid has been developing quite the personality these past few months. He definitely thinks that he runs the house, and feels that he should have final say on everything that happens around him. He says the funniest things all of the time, and is constantly surprising me with the things he knows. The other day he came up to me and said, "Do you know what two plus two is? It's four. And, four plus four is eight, and six plus six is twelve." He loves to read, make up songs, ask questions, jump on the tramp, and antagonize his brothers. I see him do things all of the time to make them mad and realized the other day that was doing them on purpose! He loves to get a reaction out of them. He is excited to have a baby brother, and reminds me almost daily that he was born before the baby, so he will be the big brother now (and the boss)!
We had Jason's birthday party with Benjamin a week before his actual birthday, so, on his birthday we let him plan our meals- he wanted oatmeal for breakfast, toast for lunch, and pancakes for dinner! Here he is blowing out the candles on his birthday pancakes:

Seriously, I turned around for a minute to flip some more pancakes, and this is what I caught Jason doing when I turned back:

Did I mention that he LOVES milk?!
He got to open one more present on his birthday, a Star Wars coloring book. He loves it, and reminds his brothers on a regular basis that he is the boss of his book.
After Alisha's graduation, Grandma and Grandpa George came by and gave Jason a present. He had just woken up from a nap, so he was being pretty grumpy.

His fake smile.

Some things that Jason says:
"That's weird"- he says this about everything!
"I can't"
me-"Why not"
"Cause that makes me sad"- he says this all of the time when I ask him to do things, like, finish eating his dinner or cleaning up the toy room. He has also added, "That hurts me" or "That makes me angry" to his repertoire. The first time he said this I asked him what other things made him angry, and his response? "Carrying mirrors"?!
At his doctor's visit, Dr Visick gave him a book that he now has memorized. He carries it around everywhere, and even sleeps with it. Even though we have a million children's books, it made him feel so special to have the Dr. give him his very own book, and he reminds us all of the time that it is HIS.
Jason LOVES to sing and be sung to. This is fine, except when we buy him some new Indiana Jones underwear, he wears them to church for the first time, and during the sacrament he pulls out his pants so that he can see his underwear and starts singing the Indiana Jones song- dah dah daah daaaah, dah dah daah.... And when I tried to get him to be quiet, he just kept saying, but Mom, I'm Indiana Jones because I have Indiana Jones unders on!! (This was actually a few months ago, during baby Owen's blessing in Idaho Falls).

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that little Jason. His fake smile is so cute! I think you need to some down and visit us. How bout Monday? I know that Isaac doesn't have school so you are already committed to come. OK, see you monday.

Sarah said...

I just love Jason, he is so funny and Smart!