My dad took the kids fishing last week at a trout farm not too far from here. The kids had a blast! They got to catch four fish each, which they did in about 10 minutes, and then they wandered around and fed the fish with cups of fish food that Grandpa gave them. It was little boy heaven!
They even got to watch Grandpa catch this great big fish with his bare hands (sort of)!
I love this picture of Adam and Isaac:
The boys, looking for big fish in the water:
Right as we were leaving, Isaac saw a fish that was laying on it's side in the water. We were just going to have him help it back into the deeper water, but, Grandpa stopped him and told him that he needed to revive it first. He moved it back and forth and got some water flowing in and out of it's gills. It swam off and then stopped and turned on it's side again. Isaac watched it like a hawk and was very concerned, so Grandpa came over and did it again. This time the fish swam away and was just fine. Well, you should have seen the awe and amazement on this kid's face. His Grandpa has now been elevated to the status of hero in his eyes- after all, who else do you know that can bring a fish back to life?! I would have to agree with little Isaac, I think that my Dad is pretty amazing too! Thanks for taking the time to share your talents and yourself with the boys, it means so much to them!
4 comments:
I love the one of dad and the boys! I'm glad they had so much fun
How fun! I love the picture of the boys laying on the rock looking for big fish. We may have to borrow your idea and take our boys one day.
Not so sure how you can look so glamourous being prego and all. The boys look so cute watching your dad!!
How fun is that! I love all the pictures. I also like the one of the kids on the rock the best.
Post a Comment