Saturday, December 26, 2009

Grandpa's Funeral




My Grandpa McDonald was a wonderful man. He dedicated his life to his family, particularly my Uncle Scott, who spent most of his mortal existence in a wheelchair. My Grandparents served him tirelessly- taking care of his basic needs, taking him to therapy, administering his medications, reading with him, and just being there for him day and night. When he physically could not lift or take care of him anymore, my Grandpa moved into a home with my Uncle in order to be with him. My Uncle passed away a few months ago, and I think that when we lost him, My Grandpa lost a big piece of himself. I know that they are reunited now, both of them pain free and at peace; walking and talking together at last. We love and miss you Grandpa!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you monica that was really beautiful. I got tears in my eyes.

kris streeter said...

Wow, Monica that was really nice, you made me cry. I sure have nice kids and Grandpa has special grandkids. Thanks.