Monday, January 4, 2010

Grandma's Christmas Party

Chris's Parents have started the greatest family tradition. Instead of giving their kids and grandkids Christmas presents, they plan some sort of big activity for everyone sometime in December. Last year we all went and rode on the polar express. This year they got every family a hotel room, rented out an indoor play place, and then took everyone to lunch. I love the idea of getting all of the cousins together and doing something fun that they will look back on and remember forever. We managed to keep the whole weekend a secret, which made it all the more exciting. We packed up the car, picked the kids up from school, and started driving out of town. The kids kept asking us where we were going, but we wouldn't tell them. When we got to the hotel, the kids were so excited. The first thing they did was get their swimming suits on and then we all headed straight for the pool.


After we swam, we went back to our room to get ready. That is when the cousins started trickling in. The boys were so surprised when they saw Madi and Evalyn out in the hall, and couldn't wait to play with everyone!
The next morning we got up bright and early, ate breakfast, and drove to the main event. The kids kept asking us where we were going, and they had some pretty good guesses, but when we finally pulled into the parking lot, they started shouting with joy, and jumping up and down in the car. They couldn't get out of their seat belts fast enough.
I think the big boys were almost as excited as the kids!



They played hard! I could barely get them to slow down long enough to take pictures.







Here is the whole family!

Here are just some of the kids eating lunch- yes, there were more!
The only thing we weren't able to do that weekend was get over to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights, but that is another story for another day :). The weekend was wonderful and the kids had the time of their life! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!!

5 comments:

Laura said...

what a fun tradition!

I haven't seen your blog in forever...It fun to see all those pics. Luke is adorable and holy cow he has SO much hair, i love it!

Kimberly said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to see the lights, that would have been fun! That picture of you holding Lucas is my fave

Stephanie said...

We didn't get to go see the lights at all this year I felt bad. Next year. I think I need to take Benjamin there. It looks like so much fun. I love the first picture. Lucas looks so cute!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It was a good time and thank you guys for being a part of it! This is what makes it the "wonderful life" as our Christmas tradition.
Looking forward to many more "family" Grandma Chrismas'!

The pictures were great!!!!

PAPA GEORGE