The boys were up around 7:00 on Christmas morning. We tried to get them to go back to sleep, but, for some reason they were too excited to sleep. They brought in the presents that Santa left in their bedrooms and we let them open them. We spent a few minutes reading their books, but we couldn't hold them off for too long, so, we gave in and went downstairs.
Waiting anxiously.
Opening presents.
Lucas had just as much fun playing with the wrapping paper as he did with his presents. He kept throwing it up in the air and jumping in it. I love Adam in the background hugging Chris also.
Putting together Legos.
Lucas's favorite present. We went bowling with our family a while back, and, although he only took a couple of turns, he had so much fun! Since then, he brings it up all of the time. He will randomly come up and ask me if I remember when we went bowling, and then say, "That was so fun!" and then ask when we can go again. So, needless to say, when he opened these he was so excited! He set them up and knocked them down over and over again. Every time he would knock some of them down he would jump up and yell, "Yay, I got a strike" or "Yay, I got a spare." He took them all over the house and set them up everywhere he could think of, and then he'd carefully put them away in their box only to take them out again 5 minutes later. I don't think I have ever seen a kid have so much fun and stay entertained for such a long time with one toy before! It is hard not to smile when you watch him because of how excited he gets.
Adam took me up to his room to show me this.
He separated his Legos and then put sticky notes underneath them all with their category written on it.
They are a little hard to read, but, they say: tree house (put weapons there), vehicle, weaponry, and Lego guys.
Chris, carving the turkey.
Christmas dinner.
After dinner the boys put together their puzzle. All in all, I would say that it was a perfect Christmas!

2 comments:
looked perfect! I want to eat that meal right now. Congrats on being caught up. Believe it or not, you have now passed me. You're cool
I love that you are caught up. I love your cute family and your fun traditions. Cute pictures.
Post a Comment