Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We had our ultrasound on the 22 of November.  We were supposed to go to my appointment in the morning while the boys were at school, but, I kind of messed up the times- blame it on my pregnancy brain.  By the time I realized my mistake, I would have been about 15 minutes late, so, I called the doctor's office.  They said they could still fit us in that day, but, we would have to come in later in the afternoon.  So, we picked the kids up after school and headed to my appointment.  When we got there, the ultrasound tech took one look at our family and laughed.  She asked us what we wanted to do first, find out the sex of the baby or check out all of the measurements etc.  I told her to just rip off the band aid- this pregnancy has been the same as all of the others, and I was sure that it was another boy.  She tried to get a good look and said, "I don't know, I think you might be wrong, but I really can't get a clear shot."  I told her to not say anything unless she knew for sure!  You can't get some one's hopes up like that and then dash them to pieces, right?  She checked everything else out and kept going back, but, this baby was incredibly modest.  It had it's little legs crossed the whole time.  She finally got a couple of good shots, and told us that she was sure that it was a GIRL!  I of course started to cry, despite the fact that I didn't quite believe it and kept questioning her.  Isaac came over in the middle of the ultrasound and gave me a hug- so sweet.  She finished up and I started to ask her for the 10th time how sure she was.  She rolled her eyes, pulled the ultrasound thing back out, and checked one more time.  Poor lady.  But, she was convinced and I spent the rest of the day walking around in shock!
 
My friend Chantel talked me into buying this dress the day before my ultrasound.  She promised that if it was a boy, she would take it back for me and pick out a cute boy outfit so I wouldn't have to.
We are all so excited!  The boys talk about it all of the time.  Every time we go to the store, they want to buy things for the baby.  Adam is always trying to throw hair bows into the cart.  I love looking at girl clothes, but am still a little afraid to buy anything.
The kids love kissing my stomach and talking to the baby, and Lucas tells everyone that he is going to have a baby sister.  They are all counting down the days!

No comments: