Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas

Every year, Santa brings the kids books that he wraps and leaves in their room. This is the first present they get to open on Christmas morning. When they wake up, they bring their books in to my room so that we can snuggle and read them together before we go downstairs.
Waiting patiently on the stairs:
Running!
Checking everything out:
It was so fun watching Jason open his presents this year. He would get so excited when he saw what it was that he would start to shake. He couldn't get the paper off fast enough!
I got a sweater and socks. What more could a girl ask for?!
Lucas got socks too!



Christmas dinner:

I just have to take a minute to acknowledge how incredibly blessed we are as a family. The Lord always manages to take such good care of us, especially around the Holidays, and we are so grateful! The kids had a wonderful Christmas, and Chris and I received a very unexpected and amazing gift that not only benefited us physically but renewed us spiritually as well. We are so truly humbled and appreciative. What a great thing it is to know that God knows us individually and that He is mindful of us in every way possible.
Two days after Christmas my parents came up to see us. They brought the boys (and Chris and I) some presents, and the kids were so excited- Grandma always knows exactly what they want, and it just wouldn't be Christmas without quarters from Grandpa! We loved having my parents all to ourselves. It was a great day. Thanks Mom and Dad! I honestly think that the best thing about Christmas is the time that we get to spend with our families.

Kimberly, Greg, Spencer, and Tawny came to our house this year for New Year's Eve. We ate good food, played games, put the kids to bed, and stayed up way too late. It was so fun having everyone here. Thanks for coming you guys!
Greg looks super happy in this picture. It's probably because he was scum :). I'm sure it only lasted for one round though, and then Kimberly took up residence in the scum position for the rest of the night.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey! Rude, you don't have to rub it in!!!!!

Stephanie said...

I wish we could have been there. Mom just told me about the Christmas present. That is so incredibly sweet and amazing. You are the most blessed person I know.

Cassie Jeter said...

What a great family! Hope you had a great Christmas:-)

Rachel said...

I love your family tradition of opening up a new book christmas morning. I may have to try that next year. YOur family is amazing.