Saturday, October 3, 2009

When Lucas's ear infections started clearing up, he became a completely different baby! He has been so happy lately. He has started smiling and cooing, and last night I even got him to giggle for the first time! His big brothers adore him, and the feeling is mutual. All he has to do is hear Isaac or Adam's voice and he starts to kick his legs and smile. I think that he is a little afraid of Jason (for good reason), but he is also fascinated by him at the same time.

Just to clarify, Jason adores his little brother, he is just a little rough with him. Fortunately for Lucas, Jason recently re-named his Woody doll (from Toy Story) baby Lucas also, giving the real baby Lucas a little break now and then. He wraps him up in receiving blankets, puts him down for naps, admonishes me to be quiet, feeds him, etc. I loved this picture of him sleeping with his baby. He looks so sweet!


The other day I was in the kitchen making lunch and Adam was out in the living room playing with the baby. I finished getting everything ready and went out to see how they were doing. When I got out there, Adam was snapping the baby's onesie up. I asked him what he was doing, and he told me that the baby's diaper felt kind of squishy so he changed it for me! He then told me that he wanted to learn how to take care of the baby so that he would be a good daddy when he grows up! So sweet! I checked it, and he actually did a pretty good job. Now he and Isaac fight over who's turn it is to change Lucas's diaper. It is so nice to have older kids in the house with a baby!! They are the best helpers! However, Adam has recently requested that we have at least one more baby when he is 7 years old so that he will be allowed to hold the baby while standing up (a privilidge that Isaac now enjoys). We'll see.

4 comments:

Belnap Family said...

OH that just brings me back to the time Lucy changed Owen's diaper on Maxine's couch!!!

I guess for a boy to have a baby doll, a Woody is a pretty manly one!

Stephanie said...

That is so cute! I love that picture of Lucas smiling too. Jason is so sweet. Thanks for clarifying that it is a woody doll from toy story.

Sarah said...

I love that your boys have a sensetive side! The woody doll thing, sooo cute, and Adam with the diaper. I love it!

kris streeter said...

I love the stories about your kids, they always make me smile. You have such cute kids. It is so cute, Jason sleeping with his Woody doll.