Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Fourth time is the Charm!

We had quite the windstorm a few weeks ago. I was sitting in my room just listening to it when I heard a loud crashing noise. I looked out the window and watched helplessly as our trampoline rolled across our yard, flew over the fence and into our neighbors backyard, finally coming to rest against the fence on the far side of their yard! I called Chris and he came home immediately. Fortunately, there wasn't too much damage to the neighbor's fence. I wish I could say the same for our tramp!
This picture was taken after Chris and our neighbor got the trampoline back over into our yard. Isaac had fun picking up the bits and pieces that were strewn all over the lawn while Chris tried to put the tramp back together. Unfortunately, the enclosure was completely broken, and the frame was all bent up.

We called Sam's Club and told them what happened, and, by some miracle, they told us to just bring it back and they would exchange it for us! So, now we are trying out trampoline number 4 (Numbers 1 and 2 were from the DI). This one will be staked into the ground a little more securely!

3 comments:

LoGunns said...

Yikes!!!! Is this the second time it has flown into your neighbors yard? Or am I remembering someone elses story?

mds said...

Your yard is looking really nice!!

Stephanie said...

That is so sad. I am sorry. Yeah I would suggest tying it down. Good thing you got a picture of it.