Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Isaac's Last Day of School, part 2

I was hoping that these would show up a little better, but, I will write what they all say below the picture so that you can read it. Isaac cracks me up. With most kids, their teacher will save a handwriting sample from when school began and one from when school ended so that the parents can see how much their child has improved. Well, Isaac (always trying to exert his individuality) did the opposite this year! He started out his journals with nice, neat, handwriting, and by the end of the year, it was so messy I could barely read it. He also drew nice, colorful pictures at the beginning of the year. By Christmas he was down to stick figures, and by the end of the year he just stopped drawing pictures in his journal all together! Well, despite the superficial stuff, he had some pretty interesting things to say. I loved reading his journals, and I took pictures of some of my favorite entries. So, here they are:
I woke up on Christmas and saw Santa opening his sack. I asked him for a dog and I got a dog. (He wishes! The last thing I want to take care of and clean up after is a pet! Thank you Santa for not really bringing him a dog!)
Time flies when you're having fun. When I went on the white roller coaster seven times, on the seventh time I threw up. (This makes me laugh because he was so excited to go on the white roller coaster at Lagoon when we went last year with Jeni and Ian. I think that they took him on it once, it really freaked him out, and he wouldn't go on it again for the rest of the day!)

When I'm 100 years old I would eat soup and sleep all day and I would look wrinkly and silly.

I wish I could have super powers. I'll tell you almost all of them. Webs, force, shrinking, super hearing, light sabers, and every others you imagine.

If I could fly I'd go to Madagascar because Madagascar is the largest place in the world and there could be the biggest trampoline.

I wish all the kids were rich and the grown ups were poor and all the kids could buy anything we wanted. (In another journal entry he said that if he had a million dollars, he would use it to buy hot wheels. I like the picture of the kid with his hands full of money and a smile on his face, and the grown up with nothing but a frown.)
I know a lot about Baseball. Here are some tips about baseball Mrs. Dahle. Keep your eye on the ball, run fast, hit it far.

I had a great weekend on Memorial Day. We went to the pool and I did a triple back flip and landed on the other end of the pool. (I don't know where I was when this happened, but I imagine it was pretty cool!)

When me and my Grandpa went fly fishing at a river and we had a fantastic time. On Wednesday it was a sunny day. It was a great day for fishing.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow that is so creative. He sure has an imagination. I love that little kid. He seriously is so smart.

McKayTroop said...

Those are so cute! I am so looking forward to what my kids end up writing!

LoGunns said...

Ha ha! He is so funny:) he will love to read those when he's older.