Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baseball Season

Unlike soccer, the kids really look forward to playing baseball in the summers. Isaac is playing with a pitching machine this year, which he thinks is the coolest thing ever. I'm not going to lie, I kind of wish that I could play with it too, it looks like fun! I am impressed with how well Isaac and all of the other kids his age do. Their games are getting more entertaining, as the kids are picking up new skills and concepts.

Adam is doing T-Ball. I think that in the beginning he was in it just for the treats, but, he has gotten a lot more serious these last few games. When he gets to a base he stands there with one foot halfway on the base and the other in front of him, ready to run. He doesn't take his eyes off the batter, and takes off running as fast as he can with the most serious look on his face as soon the ball gets hit. He loves to play "pitcher", and tries to outrun the other kids to get to the ball and throw it to first base before anyone else.


Adam always wears his hat like this, with his ears sticking out. It cracks me up!


One of Isaac's games was in Wellsville, right next to the reservoir. We went on a walk to the water afterwards and watched the ducks until some fisherman gave us dirty looks. Then we decided that it was time to leave...


We'll have to go back and have a picnic one of these days!

1 comment:

kris streeter said...

The boys look like naturals at baseball. And they are so cute.