Monday, March 16, 2009

Training Weekend

Every year my work sends us to an Early Childhood Education Training. They pay for our hotel, gas, and dinner for one night. The best part is that we are able to take our families with us. We look forward to it every year. I love the trainings, the kids love the pool, and we all love being able to get away from home and stay in a hotel.
We were able to get tickets to the temple open house on Friday, so we met up with my Mom, Stephanie, and my work friends on our way down to the conference and walked through the temple. It is beautiful and I am so proud of how well Adam and Isaac did. They were reverent and respectful, and so cute carrying around their pamphlets trying to find all of the rooms that were in the pictures. I wish I could have recorded some of their comments, they were so funny. They loved the chandeliers, the celestial room, and wanted to go swimming after seeing the baptismal font. We talked about sealings, eternal families, and showed them the mirrors, and then had a FHE about temples tonight to see what they still remembered. I am impressed by how much sunk in, and am glad that we were able to go and experience it together!
My Mom, Adam, and Stephanie looking out the window of the bus for the temple.
Adam and Isaac in the car on our way to lunch after the temple.
We went to Five Guys for lunch- thanks Mom! It was so good!
I think that Niko was more excited to get to the hotel and go swimming than eat, as you can see.

After lunch we checked into the hotel, went swimming, and then went to dinner.
While Chantel and I were at our training, Chris and Cristian took the boys to the Aquarium. I'm sure they were quite the handful, but they had a great time.

Chris ran into Mike and Benjamin there!

They loved the sharks, electric eel, and Isaac even got to pet a sting ray!




3 comments:

Belnap Family said...

What a fun little get-a-way! I need one of those sooo bad! The aquarium looks really fun! Chris even got some good pictures for you ;) what a nice daddy

Janet said...

Looks fun.

Cassie Jeter said...

I love reading all your updates!!