Friday, September 26, 2008

Isaac's first day of school

Here is Isaac with his dad on his first day of 1st grade. When he got home, I asked him how he liked being in school all day and he said, "Mom, it was awesome! We had 3 recesses!" I guess I'm not sure what I expected, honestly. Maybe, "Wow Mom, I learned so much, I especially enjoyed the hour we spent studying phonics".
I am just glad he made it through the day without falling asleep at his desk, as I made him take a nap up until the day before he started school. I know, what a mean mom, huh. But seriously, nap time is my favorite time of the day, I had to hold onto it for as long as possible!


For those of you who have been anxiously awaiting... (Michelle)

Here is a sneak preview of our house. I have kind of been waiting until we have some pictures up on the walls before I go around and take pictures of all of the rooms, so those will be coming soon, but for now, this is my favorite room in the house:

I LOVE this kitchen! We were given an appliance allowance, and so we were able to go and pick out our fridge, range, etc. I know it's very old lady/momish, but I can't even tell you how much I love my fridge, stove, and dishwasher. The other day I performed a very exciting experiment. I know, you can't wait to find out what it was. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Here it is:
I actually put dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Not pre-washed dirty dishes. I'm talking about real dirty dishes. Imagine my surprise and amazement to discover that after running the dishwasher, my dishes were actually CLEAN!!! It's truly amazing! You've got to love Jason's face in this picture. He cracks me up.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Belnap Family said...

LOVE the 1st day of school pictures. Isaac is so funny. He looks so dang cute too! I am very jealous that your dishwasher will actually wash dishes. I have a new one too, and it barely does it's job. Cute kitchen!!

Belnap Family said...

PS we almost came down there this weekend to see your house and hang out before the baby comes...but Lucy got really sick and we got too busy. Maybe in 2 weekends?

Leavitt's said...

I love your kitchen!! your kids are so cute!

Paul said...

Beautiful kitchen...we cant wait to see the rest!!!! It has been too long...get some pics on there of the house...we are dying here!!!

Laura said...

Isaac is funny. I can't wait for Leah to have full days of school.

OK... I also LOVE LOVE your kitchen. Its fantastic! I am glad your experiment worked.

LoGunns said...

Ther you are! glad to see you back:) I can't wait to come see your home.