Cora's blessing day was something that I had been looking forward to for a long, long time. So long, in fact, that every time I got pregnant, one of the first things I would do was start looking at blessing dresses online. I know it sounds silly, but, I always got so sick, and looking at dresses and dreaming of having a little girl helped make the sickness more bearable. Of course, by 20 weeks I had always found out that we were having another boy, but, by then I was halfway through my pregnancy and the rest of the time I could spend planning and getting ready and it wasn't so bad. This time was different, of course, and after that 20 week ultrasound, I stopped dreaming and started searching. I was on a hunt to find the perfect dress. I used to be obsessed with really old fashioned looking, eyelet type, cotton dresses. I found one that I actually really liked, but, then I saw this one and fell in LOVE. I probably looked at it every day at least once! I love that it was simple but still very elegant looking, and, I love the raw silk look.
I figured by the time she was blessed, she would sort of fit into all of her things, but, she was still so tiny and everything was too big for her. Her shoes fell off of her feet, her bracelet slipped off of her wrist and we had to put it on her ankle, her dress was too big, her hairband had to be tightened, even her slip needed some adjustments. In the end though, I think she looked adorable!
I figured by the time she was blessed, she would sort of fit into all of her things, but, she was still so tiny and everything was too big for her. Her shoes fell off of her feet, her bracelet slipped off of her wrist and we had to put it on her ankle, her dress was too big, her hairband had to be tightened, even her slip needed some adjustments. In the end though, I think she looked adorable!
My friend Glenna made this beautiful blanket for her! She said she started it as soon as she found out we were having a girl, and finished it just a few days before her blessing. It was so sweet of her, and it couldn't have been more perfect!!
The blessing itself was perfect. Chris has never been very wordy, which I like. It was just sweet and heartfelt, and there were a couple of times when he was so overcome with emotion that it was hard for him to speak. In those moments, I truly felt the significance of it all. Even now, I get a little emotional when I sit down and think about how much that day meant to our family.
We are always so grateful to have our families and friends share these moments with us. It's always a little stressful planning everything, but, once it gets here it's so nice to just sit back and enjoy being surrounded by people that we love!
My wonderful friend, Sarah, had this bracelet made for Cora. She is part Navajo, and it is a tradition in her family to make a piece of turquiose jewelry for their new babies. I was so touched that she would go to all of the trouble to have this piece made for Cora. It is beautiful, and adjustable, so we could put it on and it didn't fall off!
Chris thought that today would be a perfect day to do a little planking... I love his face in this picture. It makes me laugh every time I look at it!

1 comment:
...she was so excited she couldn't stop laughing...! hahahaha that's really funny sutff.
You know what we should have done is tried to have a photo shoot and get some good pictures of her in her blessing dress :)
Post a Comment