Adam and Isaac watching the Superbowl.
Adam has been counting down the days until his birthday for weeks now, and he was SO excited when he woke up and realized that today was the big day! He got to pick out all of the meals that we ate on his birthday. Originally he wanted tiny spicy chicken for breakfast, more Mandarin Garden for lunch, and pizza for dinner. We managed to help him pick out something else for breakfast and lunch, but still got him pizza for dinner. Here he is with his birthday waffles for breakfast. He wanted them with peaches and whipped cream.
Adam got to go to preschool on his birthday where they had a little Valentine's party. He couldn't stop talking about it the night before when we were making his Valentine's. I think that he thought the party was for him! We made rice crispy treats together and cut them out into heart shapes so that he could take them to school and share them with his friends. After school, we had to go to the Family Center for a meeting, but we were still able to get home in enough time to eat some pizza and have a little family party that night. He got to open a couple of presents and then he had rice crispy treats for dessert (we were saving the cake for his party a few days later).
The night before Adam's birthday, I cut up some strips of paper and set out a marker. I had everyone write down things that they love about Adam on the papers and we put them in a jar on the table. Throughout the day, we would let him pull out a few at a time and I would read them to him. He loved it! I think that this is going to have to be our new birthday tradition.
This is the only picture I have of Valentine's day. The kids had a great day, I had a sick day, so I didn't do so well documenting it all.
A few days after Adam's birthday we had his party. Stephanie, Benjamim, Spencer, Jeremy, and Alisha all came over to celebrate with us. One of these days I am going to have to let him have a friend party, but, I figure those can wait until the kids start school!
My mom was supposed to come up for Adam's party, but had to go to Idaho to stay with my Grandma for a few days. Adam was sad that she couldn't come, so we tried to explain it to him. I asked him what he would do if Mommy got really sick and I needed someone to take me to the hospital, but it happened on the same day as one of his friends' birthday parties. He thought about it for a while, and with the most serious look on his face said, "Mom, I love you, but, I love parties a lot too. I would just let Isaac and Jason take care of you and I would still go to my party. But, when the party was over, I would come and see you and maybe I would bring you something like some cake." Hopefully, if there is ever an emergency, it won't fall on the same day as a birthday party, as we now know where Adam's loyalties will be!
Adam wanted a Lego cake. FYI, if any of you try to make this cake or one that is similar, skip the chocolate frosting. It doesn't go on smoothly and it looked kind of weird. I used it because he wanted it to look like Lego Star Wars, but, I wish I wouldn't have! After this picture was taken, we rounded up some more Star Wars guys to put on it. Adam loved it though, and that's all that matters, right?
Here is Adam with the BYU pajamas that my Mom made him. He loves them! So far he has worn them every night except one; when I made him take them off so that I could wash them! Thank you everyone for coming and helping us make Adam's day a great one!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Adam! And (as always) very cute cake.
I love that little Adam. I wish we could have been there for his Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy b-day to Handsome Adam! What a cute boy. Love the cake you are so clever :D
Post a Comment