Some of the funny, random, and sometimes inappropriate things my kids have said lately...
Most of these are just little things that I want to remember, and are probably only cute to me :)
Isaac was sorting laundry while I was sitting on my bed, and he stuffed a bunch of my clothes and baby clothes inside of a shirt and threw it to me and said, "Package for Ms. George, might have gotten unwrapped in the journey"
I was putting Lucas in bed for his nap and we were talking about something. He asked me a question and I told him the answer, and he sat up, threw his hands in the air, and said, "that's impossible!!" It totally caught me off guard and made me laugh, so, the rest of the day he kept walking around and saying "that's impossible" after everything that anyone said.
If Lucas and I do something silly once, it becomes a game to him. He has all of our little games stored in his memory, and he will come up to me at least 20 times throughout the day and say, "Mom, remember we do this...." and show me one of our games so I will play it with him. The other day he went up to Cora and stuck his head by her face and said, "Cora, remember you like to pull my hair", and she, of course, grabbed his hair and started pulling it. He thought it was hilarious. Out of all of the kids, he is the only one that has made her laugh out loud just from doing silly things while she was watching him. She absolutely adores him.
From Jason's prayer tonight... Please help me
to be nice, especially to Lucas, and to not hit him or make him cry or
take toys away from him even when the toy he has he got from my treasure
box up in my bed where I keep things that are only mine and that are
special to me that I don't want anyone else to touch....
I was playing game on my phone during one of Jason's baseball games and he saw me and yelled from the outfield, "mom, put your phone away, you need to watch my game!". Later on in the game he tried to carry on a full conversation with
me while he was running the bases. Silly kid
Jason fell asleep on the toilet one day. It was while he was still in Kindergarten. He came home from school, ate lunch, and went to the bathroom before nap time. He was taking forever, so I finally went in to check on him. He pants were down around his ankles, his head was resting on his knees, and he was sound asleep! He was so confused when I woke him up and told him what had happened, but, we had a good laugh about it after nap time.
Adam was chasing a grasshopper around the
yard one morning. After a few minutes, he brought it to me and said,
"Mom, these little guys should be called grass walkers instead of
grasshoppers, then they would be so much easier to catch."
So, the other night Isaac came into my room
and asked me if I wanted him to massage my feet. I asked him why he was
such a sweet kid and he answered, "Mom, you take care of everybody and
sometimes you need someone to spoil you too." Just as I was getting
ready to tell him how thoughtful that was he added, "plus, I don't want
to have to clean the toy room." Go figure.
When Lucas was in the bathtub and he said, "mommy, my fingers got soggy. they have sprinklers on them" (meaning wrinkles)
Adam told me that he has an imaginary friend named nobody. "Do you know why I named him nobody?" he asked, "so when we are talking to each other, if someone asks me who I'm talking to I can say nobody and I won't be lying."
We were watching Annie with the kids. It was at that part where Annie went to the movies and Adam said, "just watching this is making me think of all the other orphans back at the orphanage and the grief they are going through right now. I'm glad this isn't a true story".
Lucas was looking at the alphabet and saying the letters... l, u, r, w, s, and a candy cane..
I went to the bathroom and Lucas followed me in. When I sat down he got mad at me. No mommy, I want you to stand up like a big boy!
Lucas always tells me that when he grows up he's going to have a lot of babies. He later told me that he is going to name all of his babies baby Cora. So now, he'll randomly come up to me and say "remember mom, I'm going to have lots of baby Coras." Once he even told me that he was going to have a lot of baby Coras when he "grows up and bees a mom" like me. We tried to explain to him that when he grows up he will be the daddy, not the mommy, but, I don't think he is convinced yet.
He was holding Cora with me the other day and kissed her on her cheek and looked up at me and said, "Mom, I love her so much!"
We were getting ready and I told Lucas to hurry up because we were going to a primary activity at the church with the Bishop, and with an excited voice he jumped up and said, "OK! Is Jesus going to be there too?!"
Lucas was getting ready to get into the bathtub one day, when he looked up at me and said, "Do you remember when we were at Grandma's house and I threw up all over your Mother's bed?" It was so random it made me laugh out loud.
We were driving around running errands and Lucas asked me, "Do you know who I love?" I asked him who he loves and he responded, "I love Daddy, and Mommy, and the Chick-fil-A cow." When I asked him why he loved the Chick-fil-A cow, he answered very matter-of-factly, "because he's a really good dancer".
Jason just asked me if swimming pools were even invented when I was a little girl...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment