Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a giant storm just before Thanksgiving last year.  Chris was excited because he was able to try out his new snow blower from the DI.  We weren't sure if it was actually going to work, but, thankfully, it did!
Lucas loves snuggling on the couch with a pillow and blanket.
Adam and Jason singing Karaoke.
Thanksgiving dinner.  Our families are getting so big, that we reserved the church cultural hall this last year.  There was tons of great food, and great company.  Here are the kids, goofing off like always.
Lucas is a climber.  He has been since he could walk.  He climbs up on the couch, he climbs up the chairs and gets on the counter, he climbs up the ladder and gets on the top of the bunk bed.  When we hid the ladder, he climbed up on the dresser, up the bunk bed, across it, and I found him sitting on top of a tank on another taller dresser so he could see the snake.  He climbs.  I try to stop him, I try to get him down, but this kid is determined.  At dinner, he kept going over to the chairs and climbing on them.  I thought nothing of it because that is what he does all of the time, but, Chris's Aunt was seriously concerned about it.  Every time he would climb up on something, she would rush over, pick him up, and bring him to me.  I would put him down and he would go strait back to whatever he was climbing on and do it again.  This happened over and over.  His Aunt probably thought that I was a terrible Mom for letting him do it, but, I think even she got tired after her hundredth time of "rescuing him".
Posted by Picasa

No comments: