Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Adam's Birthday

I can't believe that Adam is 6! Where has the time gone?
This kid has the most contagious giggle I have ever heard. When he bursts into laughter, I can't help myself. I start laughing too. Even when it is in the middle of family prayer. Or when I am getting angry at him for something that he did wrong. Or when one of his brothers is getting in trouble. Or when I am trying to have a serious conversation with him. You get the point. And so does he, which is why he does this on purpose all of the time! He can be so funny and silly at times. He can also be infuriatingly stubborn! He has quite the imagination and is always coming up with crazy games that he somehow manages to convince Jason to play no matter how outrageous they are. He loves music. He loves singing Karaoke and he's got some pretty sweet dance moves. His latest favorite song is Michael Jackson's "Beat It". He can be really quiet and likes to keep to himself. If things get too crazy and chaotic, he will come up to me and ask me if he can have some "alone time". Adam loves to read. He takes Isaac's chapter books into his bed with him and sounds out the words. I don't know how much he really comprehends, but he is always telling me about his progress and announcing what page he is currently on. He adores his baby brother and the feeling is mutual. Younger children are drawn to him. He just has a way with them. He also has a way with animals. When we go to Chris's parents house, you can almost always find Adam with a puppy in his lap. They avoid the other kids like the plague, but they seek Adam out, curl up on him, and fall asleep. The last trip up there Chris's family nicknamed him the "Dog Whisperer", which he loved.
So, Happy Birthday Adam. We love you!!
Here are some pictures of Adam's actual birthday. My Mom, Steph, Kimberly, and Greg were able to come up and spend the day with us. Here he is with Lucas.

Opening presents!

Silly boys!

Lucas and Noah.
Adam wanted Spaghetti Oh's for his birthday dinner!


Birthday money from Great Grandma.
Adam's Birthday cake.
He wanted a sports themed party.



Happy Birthday Adam!!

1 comment:

EJ said...

what a dang cute family you have! i want to come visit sometime. i just don't know when a good time to do that is...come to the bank soon so we can discuss this.